Yamaha RX-V467 Receiver First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
From a pure user standpoint, the Yamaha RX-V467 is light years better than then RX-V367. For $379 (a $120 premium) you'd expect as much. The native decoding of HD audio and YPAO room correction are welcome additions and should make the RX-V467 very user friendly. While we still think that the new line of Yamaha receivers are lacking a bit in comparison to the competition, this one at least is offering what consumers want - top of the line HDMI connectivity with enough ease of use and functionality to allow them to grow.

Discuss "Yamaha RX-V467 Receiver First Look" here. Read the article.

A

audioholic212

Audioholic
Make up your mind, Tom. Do you like them or don't you? I got the vibe that you didn't like them listening to your podcast :)

- Rahul.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
From a pure user standpoint, the Yamaha RX-V467 is light years better than then RX-V367. For $379 (a $120 premium) you'd expect as much. The native decoding of HD audio and YPAO room correction are welcome additions and should make the RX-V467 very user friendly. While we still think that the new line of Yamaha receivers are lacking a bit in comparison to the competition, this one at least is offering what consumers want - top of the line HDMI connectivity with enough ease of use and functionality to allow them to grow.

Discuss "Yamaha RX-V467 Receiver First Look" here. Read the article.
Yo umentioned a firmware fix that only a technician is qualified to do. The firmware fix for the RX-V1800 to pass blacker than black and whiter than white levels were accomplished through a CD-R played on a DVD player. I suspect the same method would be used for the RX-V467.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I see Yamaha is still including skimpy amp sections :rolleyes: The comparable Onkyo and Denon receivers stomp on this easily in terms of power.

I

islassoc

Audiophyte
Yamaha HDMI Swiching is Terrible

Yamaha cannot handlr HDMI switching at the receiver when the total cable run (including the device feeding the receiver and the cable going to the TV0 exceed 16 ft. This is not publicized and only priinted in the use manual so fi you are doing longer than 16 feet forget Yamaha altogether; it does not work.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I see Yamaha is still including skimpy amp sections :rolleyes: The comparable Onkyo and Denon receivers stomp on this easily in terms of power.
:( I think even the midtier stuff like their RX-V1060 and 2060 lack the same kahuna's that the 1800/3800 had. Its a shame that Yamaha had to follow the route of features over substance.

B

begood

Audiophyte
Rx-v467

It's a very good first test and I like also the video about the receiver.
Exactly the things I encounterd are mentioned, such as connecting an older DVD player with component out and that the receiver is not decoding it to HDMI, so the DVD has to be connected to the TV and I used the optical cable for the sound, connected from the DVD to the receiver. I encountered also something not mentioned. I use the audio return channel to my TV (Samsung UE40B8000), the TV not supports HDMI 1.4, so I use two cables, one HDMI and one optical, than it works great, this is also mentioned. As said it works great, if the receiver is switched on and I switch on the TV, the sound from the TV automatically goes to the receiver, I can also used the TV remote control the ajust the receiver audio (anynet). Sofar a success :eek:. So I use the only "out" port on the RX to the TV. If I connect another equipment (media player) to the receiver than anynet is not working anymore :(. Even if the media player is switched off. So radio is swith on and I swich on the TV, sounds from the TV comes from the TV and not RX. Also TV remote control is not working for the RX anymore. I think this is a bug? What do you think?

X

xobest68

Audiophyte
Info needed Yamaha rxv-467 vs Denon avr-591

Hi i found this forum very helpful but i have one more question.

Right now, i've narrowed my choice to 2 ampli Yamaha rxv-467 and Denon avr-591. To be honest i tend to go for Denon. But what's stopping me is the power rating. Yamaha 105 @ 8 ohms and Denon 75 @ 8 ohms. Denon seems to have more features..

Does somebody would have a clear answer. Especially on the power ratings. I've read on this topic but it's pretty confusing since my first language is not english...

Thank you very much for your answers

Dan

J

jumpnblues

Audioholic Intern
Save a few more pennies and get an RX-667...good power and feature too. Great sounding AVR.

Tom

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis