Boston Acoustics Refection Series RS 334 Floorstanding Speaker

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
As one gets more and more experience with any particular subject, you run the risk of becoming an elitist. You start to think that any offering from a "known" manufacturer can't be any good because your mom recognizes their name. Well, that's not the case with Boston Acoustics. The RS 334 speakers pack a lot of sound in a very small package. If space is at a premium, this is a speaker you should take a hard look at.

Discuss "Boston Acoustics Refection Series RS 334 Floorstanding Speaker" here. Read the article.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Is this your version of a "bestcovery" review Tom? It seems a little shorter than usual.;)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Is this your version of a "bestcovery" review Tom? It seems a little shorter than usual.
Last time I checked, Bestcovery wasn't writing 3500+ word reviews with measurements.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Last time I checked, Bestcovery wasn't writing 3500+ word reviews with measurements.
I was only picking because of the preamptive posting of the incomplete review.;) It's all there now. It's time to do some reading.:)

A

allargon

Audioholic General
While you can't expect an offering in this price range to negate the need for a sub with for movies and such, you can expect for most musical content that the speakers will be enough. It will also help with evening out bass response in your room if you can run your speakers full range. I really appreciated the low end extension of the RS 334 speakers.
Is Tom really suggesting we run these speakers full range with a sub to even out bass response? :eek: Or, did he really mean to say you can run these at full range if you don't have a sub. :rolleyes:

Also by accentuated highs, does he mean "bright"?

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Is Tom really suggesting we run these speakers full range with a sub to even out bass response? :eek: Or, did he really mean to say you can run these at full range if you don't have a sub. :rolleyes:

Also by accentuated highs, does he mean "bright"?
Maybe it's a matter of degree. ;)
  1. Accentuated (i.e. Boston's RS334)
  2. Bright (i.e. Klipsch)
  3. Strident (?)

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
misspelling

Hey, the article title and picture description are spelled incorrectly. "Refection" should be spelled "Reflection" with the "L".

-pat

J

jrf

Audiophyte
As these speakers are being phased out there are great deals on them to be had. I recently picked up a PAIR and matching center channel for $900.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis