Onkyo HT-S3200 Home Theater System First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The prices for surround sound have absolutely plummeted over the past decade. If we were proving this in a court of law, Exhibit A would have to be the Onkyo HT-S3200 5.1-channel system which includes a full A/V receiver and full suite of 5.1 speakers. The only thing entry level about this receiver is its price. The receiver features three HDMI pass-through inputs for high-definition video up to 1080p. This is a super-convenient solution that allows you to connect all of your HD video sources into the receiver for simplified switching. Since the HDMI inputs are pass-through, this means they do not retrieve the audio from the HDMI signal. With no analogue inputs, that means you'll be limited to Dolby Digital and DTS audio signals for Blu-ray discs. This also means that you'll need to run separate audio cables into the HT-R370 to get surround sound.

Discuss "Onkyo HT-S3200 Home Theater System First Look" here. Read the article.

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
when those emp-tek speakers went on sale for $400, i told my sister to get rid of her crappy bose system and start to build a proper HT setup (she's a big action film buff). this started me to actually look at how cheap 5.1 systems were, and i wound up just buying her a whole setup for xmas, based around the now defunct TSC speakers. i am really a 2 channel guy at heart. i find it interesting that as that industry shoots itself in the foot by trying to convince people in a recession that $5000 speakers are "reasonably priced", the HT industry is making it easier than ever for people to get set up and rolling.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis