Polk Audio Wireless Surround F/X Rear Speaker First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Wireless Surround F/X builds on the SurroundBar technology Polk has be using for years but puts it in the back of the room. We are very intrigued with the Polk Audio Wireless Surround F/X rear speaker. With four 2.5" drivers, a 5.25" woofer, small transceiver that connects to a transmitter that is connected to your receiver's surround channels, powered by a multichannel digital amplifier, and a switch to indicate placement (and adjust the DSP) of the speaker - floor, table, or shelf, Polk looks to have a winner on its hands with this one.

Discuss "Polk Audio Wireless Surround F/X Rear Speaker First Look" here. Read the article.

M

muadibe

Audiophyte
802.11n Wireless

Do you think the loudspeaker industry is finally catching on?

I heard at CES that wifi HDMI is finally becoming a reality with products from Visio etc arriving in Q2. If the video world can eliminate video wires and transmit data intensive HD, then why has the audio industry lagged behind?

Looks like a non audio company (SONOS) is leading the way. I have a SONOS system in my home and it sounds outstanding.

Now if only someone would make a high quality transmitter (802.11n) from my AV Processor to my Marting Logan Vistas with a Digital Amp I can place on the back. Voila - wifi enabled audiophile quality 7.1 surround system.

Looks like a business opportunity. Nw if only I knew someone with a few million dollars to invest.

Cheers

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
Do you think the loudspeaker industry is finally catching on?

I heard at CES that wifi HDMI is finally becoming a reality with products from Visio etc arriving in Q2. If the video world can eliminate video wires and transmit data intensive HD, then why has the audio industry lagged behind?
All those high end cable manufactures would get left behind. Why buy a Monster 6ft $100 HDMI cable when I could do it wirelessly for the same quality? Doesn't that defeat the entire business model of Monster and other brands such as AudioQuest?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis