Snell Acoustics Phantom Center Loudspeaker First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
At last year's CES, Snell Acoustics announced their $25,000 a pair near-flagship loudspeaker, the Phantom B7. You know it was only a matter of time before they came out with a matching center. Apparently, it only took them a year to bring out their new Phantom Center. At $7,500, it's actually quite affordable compared to the larger brethren. What remains to be seen is what surrounds they'll come out with for this line. Snell is obviously not interested in being slowed down by the economy. Instead they've got higher ambitions with this non-compromised loudspeaker system aimed at the most serious audiophiles that have big enough wallets to match their aspirations. Time will tell if their strategy will pay off.

Discuss "Snell Acoustics Phantom Center Loudspeaker First Look" here. Read the article.

K

Kaz-maN

Junior Audioholic
Those are some neat speakers. Never heard them, or the company. Do they make everything in house or do they outsource? Theres got to be a reason for that astronomically high price.

I've heard some really really expensive speakers befores. I can honestly say a price tag doesn't justify a speakers performance. I've demo'd $100k+ systems that sound much worse than a $5k system. I'm usually a bit sceptical when it comes to these so called non-compromise companies that charge an arm and leg for speakers. Still though I can't judge, would love to hear them though.

J

JJMP50

Full Audioholic
Hope I'm not too off topic, but I went to JBL's web site the other day and they have a model "Everest II" that costs $70K a pair! Have they actually sold any of these? What can they do that could possibly be worth that much money?

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I've heard the Snell Phantoms. I loved them. It's a shame they were in such a small room because I'd certainly love to give them some space to rock and roll. Were they $25K good? I guess I'll never know unless I ever come up with a $25K speaker budget.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I really like my Snell sub. It is built like a tank and can shake the neighbors house.:D The best part was that because they are not a super well known brand I was able to get this at 75% off on ebay.

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Isn't Snell one of the Harman brands? I'd be interested to look inside to see if there's a Bose 201 inside...:rolleyes:

N

nick51

Audioholics Approved Vendor
Ekkk! One of the Harman Brands!

Snell is NOT a Harman Brand but a D&M Brand. Only a company that can bring you the quality of McIntosh could bring speakers of this quality to market.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis