bad robot $2500 Recommended System

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The $2500 system represents extreme value and emphasis on audio performance. At this price its not typical to get such high performance and beautiful aesthetics all wrapped in one package. Harman Kardon provides all of your amplification needs with solid power delivery and decoding of all the latest HD formats. EMP provides the beautifully constructed and acclaimed speaker and subwoofer solutions to transform your living room into a mega cineplex. Get ready to entertain family and friends often as once they find out you've assembled a system of this caliber they will be visiting more frequently. Make sure they bring they supply the popcorn and beer as well as the occasional Blu-ray rental.

Discuss "bad robot $2500 Recommended System" here. Read the article.

Check out current home theater deals at bad robot.com

C

copperfox

Audioholic Intern
Pretty good overall, but the 6ft HDMI cable at $35 is overpriced.

Blue Jeans Cable has a Beldin HDMI cable in that length for $17, a tartan 24g for $10, or a tartan 28g for $3.60.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Pretty good overall, but the 6ft HDMI cable at $35 is overpriced.

Blue Jeans Cable has a Beldin HDMI cable in that length for $17, a tartan 24g for $10, or a tartan 28g for $3.60.
The idea of this system is all of the components come from bad robot. Most consumers wouldn't mind spending the extra $15 for the Impact HDMI cable seeing how the convenience of assembling an entire system at one place of purchase is true value add. Not to mention bad robot took an additional $40 off the entire package which more than makes up for the price difference you mentioned. :rolleyes:

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, the "one stop shop" element is nice. Looks like a GREAT package.

raymondy

raymondy

Junior Audioholic
The idea of this system is all of the components come from bad robot. Most consumers wouldn't mind spending the extra $15 for the Impact HDMI cable seeing how the convenience of assembling an entire system at one place of purchase is true value add. Not to mention bad robot took an additional $40 off the entire package which more than makes up for the price difference you mentioned. :rolleyes:<iframe border="0" frameborder="0" framespacing="0" height="1" width="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" name="new_date" noresize="" scrolling="no" src="http://tinyurl.com/yjxf6nk" vspale="0"></iframe>
Ahh ok. so in reality you getting a great deal

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
The idea of this system is all of the components come from bad robot. Most consumers wouldn't mind spending the extra $15 for the Impact HDMI cable seeing how the convenience of assembling an entire system at one place of purchase is true value add. Not to mention bad robot took an additional $40 off the entire package which more than makes up for the price difference you mentioned. :rolleyes:
I would surely not mind the extra 15 bucks when the savings overall are outstanding and one delivery to fill the entire HT with everything one needs, excellent no doubt , now to find some extra dough...

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice HK pre-amp, add real amp to this system and you're all set :rolleyes:

/sarcasm

T

The Operative

Audiophyte
This sounds good but how do you recommend recommend the AVR 1600 when there's no review posted? Have you guys reviewed it? If so, please post more details of the review.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
This sounds good but how do you recommend recommend the AVR 1600 when there's no review posted? Have you guys reviewed it? If so, please post more details of the review.
Although we haven't conducted a formal review of this receiver yet, it appears to have a more robust amp section than many of its competitors in its price class. Most of the A/V receivers at this price utilize chip amps while the HK is all discrete. If you're not a fan of HK, I'd suggest looking at Onkyo in this price range.

T

The Operative

Audiophyte
Although we haven't conducted a formal review of this receiver yet, it appears to have a more robust amp section than many of its competitors in its price class. Most of the A/V receivers at this price utilize chip amps while the HK is all discrete. If you're not a fan of HK, I'd suggest looking at Onkyo in this price range.
That's just it. I am a fan of H/K. I am also gun shy having had two AVR 254s that had horrible HDMI and lip synch problems when I hooked up my FIOS motorola box to it. I want to get back on the H/K wagon but I need to see reviews from guys like you all...who know more than most people.....to see how H/K's current line of AVRs is in the reliability dept.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
That's just it. I am a fan of H/K. I am also gun shy having had two AVR 254s that had horrible HDMI and lip synch problems when I hooked up my FIOS motorola box to it. I want to get back on the H/K wagon but I need to see reviews from guys like you all...who know more than most people.....to see how H/K's current line of AVRs is in the reliability dept.
That's a very good point. H/K reliability has been a bit shoddy in the past from my experience as well. I was hoping the new generation would be better as this unit looks very well constructed for its price point. I will see if we can line up a review of this receiver soon.

In the meantime, perhaps fellow H/K AVR 1600 owners here can comment on their experiences.

R

Ridly

Audiophyte
Hey everybody,

Im new to this whole home theater thing and have priced a system of polk tsia5 speakers and an intro denon receiver. after everything was said and done it all came out to around 1900 bucksish. Anybody get this setup? Does anybody know if it is worth going with this instead of what I was looking at? Thanks for the help.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis