Gaming with a 3D Vision

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The 3D Entertainment Summit held in Universal City California was about all things 3D. That included Ubisoft's new game based on the James Cameron 3D movie which should delight 3D gamers. Through panels and discussions, ways and means were talked through in order to find insight and a reality for creating 3D among the viewing public. Also discussed were methods for extending the 3D experience so as to go beyond that of just the movies. One of the ways that 3D can be extended is in its use in video games - but in a way that is different than the type of technology that has gone on before. Just as 3D has improved its over time, so too are the latest elements in producing 3D seen as impacting the overall gaming experience at home through stereoscopic 3D gaming.

Discuss "Gaming with a 3D Vision" here. Read the article.

Chopper Greg

Chopper Greg

Audioholic
Sounds interesting - the only 2 negatives I see ( no pun intended ) is that anytime I watch a 3D movie, that uses the polarized light tech, I end up with a splitting headache and few televisions have 3D capability so I am left scratching my head and asking "Why?" :confused:

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have a TV that is 3-D capable, but this tech is only going to take off if all of the TV manufacturers are on board and implement this into future sets.

Chopper Greg

Chopper Greg

Audioholic
Near as I can tell there are only 2 manufactures that make 3D TV's - has anyone heard differently?

F

fredk

Audioholic General
Sounds really cool! I actually had a demo of this tech. a number of years ago when a 2k x 2k resolution projector was worth about $50k and the 3d tech was similarly priced. I was quite impressed at the time. It has taken quite a bit of time for pricing to fall into the consumer realm but it looks like this is ready for prime time now.

H

HDPCsound

Audioholic
I like the 3d graphics, but at the ending of a movie i always end with my head spinning and dizzy...:confused:

Chopper Greg

Chopper Greg

Audioholic
What I don't understand, is why the game community appears to think that this very elaborate polarized light tech with very specialized television requirements, is needed for 3D, when the old red/blue ( or red/cyan ) trick is within the capacity of the TV and game consoles of today.

Granted it's not the greatest, but it's here and now and with the HDTV that are already on the market, it should be better, than ever before - heck even NASA is still using it to help them study the solar system. NASA 3D Images

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis