Onkyo Double Ought Receivers Take Aim on the Internet

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Starting at only $1599, the double ought series will have 9 channels of amplification with two independent subwoofer outputs all with THXUltra2 Plus and new Audyssey DSX processing. All three of these receivers, the TX-NR5007, TX-NR3007, and TX-NR1007 will be in stores by the end of September. We expect they won't be on the shelves for very long.

Discuss "Onkyo Double Ought Receivers Take Aim on the Internet" here. Read the article.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
I think a lot of us have been eaglerly awaiting this line.

Will we finally get an in-depth review of these monsters? (preferably the TX-NR3007 at least)

One thing I love about these is that they support FLAC over network streaming.

B

blackzarg

Junior Audioholic
Wow. All these new features makes me feel like my TX-SR876 is a baby and obsolete!

R

Realalefan

Audiophyte
I'm wondering how much difference there is in network connectivity options between the 3007 and 807 - doesn't the 807 also support streaming various formats over Ethernet? I'm very interested in this since my preferred digital music format is FLAC.

I'm perfectly happy with the power and features of my 705 but PC/Internet networking could persuade me to upgrade. Just not sure to what though, the 3007 looks to be about twice the price of the 807. Granted you get a lot more for that, but my focus is on PC/Internet connectivity.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm wondering how much difference there is in network connectivity options between the 3007 and 807 - doesn't the 807 also support streaming various formats over Ethernet? I'm very interested in this since my preferred digital music format is FLAC.

I'm perfectly happy with the power and features of my 705 but PC/Internet networking could persuade me to upgrade. Just not sure to what though, the 3007 looks to be about twice the price of the 807. Granted you get a lot more for that, but my focus is on PC/Internet connectivity.
Yet more processing power and nine power amps on the box. That's nuts and begging for trouble. Run the other way!

MapleSyrup

MapleSyrup

Audioholic
Need Emoticon!!!

Tom;

How *dare* you post this announcement without allowing us posters to post a drooling emoticon. ;)

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Yet more processing power and nine power amps on the box. That's nuts and begging for trouble. Run the other way!
Hopefully they've found a way to integrate a barn fan into the chassis for cooling.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I wonder whats the difference b'wen : "Dolby Volume" and "Late Night Modes" on older Onkyo Recievers? [aka my 805]

Aren't they both do DR compression and normalization ?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
They are going to make great heaters in the winter.
Hush-Hush - New secret feature - you can substitute your old fashioned kitchen gas stove with your brand new receiver and get same results!

But wait - that's not all !! You'll also be saving power !!! Go Go "green" cooking

</Sarcasm>

dalumberjack

dalumberjack

Audioholic
most store fronts can have their reps order them this monday.

I am excited as my order will be placed on monday and should take a week or two at the most to arrive.

These will be the fist off the boat so lets hope all works well!!

Kennydee

Kennydee

Junior Audioholic
New Onkyo TX-NR5007

Hi everyone, when can we expect a full review on this new receiver? I've been itchin' to get the RX-Z11 but since I've seen this new offering I am considering it instead. I've built my HT based on a 9.1 config (2 presence or "high" speakers) and I would like to take advantage of the speakers. At about a little more than half the price of a RX-Z11 it sure is tempting.

Regards,

G

gorman

Audioholic Intern
Can anyone confirm that the 5007 has DTS virtual surround solution for headphones? Before the summer I was looking at Yamahas because Onkyo lacked this feature...

Kennydee

Kennydee

Junior Audioholic
most store fronts can have their reps order them this monday.

I am excited as my order will be placed on monday and should take a week or two at the most to arrive.

These will be the fist off the boat so lets hope all works well!!
Dalumberjack - What is the ETA on your order? Thanks

G

gorman

Audioholic Intern
The manuals are available online.
Thanks. DTS Surround Sensation is supported on headphones too.

Now I'm curious as to how the 5007 compares to the NR906 (assuming that was last year's equivalent).

C

cindyj3739

Audiophyte
Intregra DTR 80

Does anyone know what might be the difference between the Onkyo TX NR5007 vs Intregra DTR 80. The specs seem the same. Intregra is usually more expensive. Need to know difference if any. Thanks

C

cindyj3739

Audiophyte
Thanks. DTS Surround Sensation is supported on headphones too.

Now I'm curious as to how the 5007 compares to the NR906 (assuming that was last year's equivalent).
The 5007 has 9 channels vs 7. and it will let you set up a different surround layout. Front high speakers similar to Yahmaha' s. you can use a full 7 channels and have 2 for bridging or for different locations. Hope I am telling you correctly. Their may be some other spec differences, not sure

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Haha, well, maybe they are high efficiency? My Onkyo Pro preamplifier runs hot, and it doesn't even make any power of its own. If they added 9 powered channels to mine I'm pretty sure I could fry an egg. It does seem like a lot crammed into those boxes.

Featurewise they look dope though. They took the right approach to selling now days: Add features, add new 'software', add ppppooooowwweeerrr. ;P

Kennydee

Kennydee

Junior Audioholic
My retailer gave me a call on Monday to say that my 3007 had arrived but I'm traveling on business right now so I will pick it up on Friday and play with it all weekend long while my wife works (she is a nurse). In the mean time, I bought an Antec Veris A/V cooler so I can keep it cool. I can't wait to get this thing all hooked up and set-up. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis