Marantz UD9004 Universal Blu-ray Player

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Apparently putting out high end, over the top priced universal Blu-ray players is contagious. Denon, Lexicon, and now Marantz. One thing is for sure, however: The Marantz player is all original... at least to D&M Holdings.

Discuss "Marantz UD9004 Universal Blu-ray Player" here. Read the article.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Apparently putting out high end, over the top priced universal Blu-ray players is contagious. Denon, Lexicon, and now Marantz. One thing is for sure, however: The Marantz player is all original... at least to D&M Holdings.

Discuss "Marantz UD9004 Universal Blu-ray Player" here. Read the article.
I recently purchased a Marantz receiver for a secondary system. I'd love to pair this thing up with it. It would look great anyway, a perfect match. But that ain't happening anytime soon.......actually, it probably ain't ever happening. :rolleyes:

D

davidmore

Enthusiast
Comparative Review

Surely we need a comparative review between this and the Oppo!

David

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
I'm thinking that this might be great as a stocking stuffer, but I'm concerned that it could well be passe' by Christmas.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Surely we need a comparative review between this and the Oppo!

David
No more like a comparitive review between this and the Denon. And don't call me Shirley! :)

D

davidmore

Enthusiast
Comparative Review

OK, but what about comparing all 3 - then we can figure out for ourselves just how many $$$ we might spend per 1% improvement - if any.

David

DTS-HD MA

DTS-HD MA

Junior Audioholic
OK, but what about comparing all 3 - then we can figure out for ourselves just how many $$$ we might spend per 1% improvement - if any.

David
It wouldn't surprise me if that 1% went towards the Oppo unit..lol:D

B

backspace

Audiophyte
two hdmi out - why?

I read the write-up that went with the marantz ud9004 and note that the author makes a joke about having 2 seperate hdmi outs, one for picture and one for video - realy you should know better! nearly all cheap, medium range and some top end amps do not transferr the picture without some white snow or fuzz to the sharpness - often they will not allow 1080p at 24 feet. Many amp users run the image as source with no up-scaling as this often reduces quality ( which rather makes it a bit pointless regarding dvd and tape), many amp users run the picture from amp to tv via component rather than hdmi. So rather than make a joke about it we should be encouraging the makers of blu-ray players to add extra hdmi outs to midd range players and not just top end. My feed back from amp users is that Dennon amps hold the quality very well with little being lost during transferr, of course these are top of the range amps and should do well I guess. Simon

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Oh, I see the difference between the two. I guess everybody missed the fact the Marantz doesn't have Denon Link.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, I see the difference between the two. I guess everybody missed the fact the Marantz doesn't have Denon Link.:D
Gotta have that Denon-Link so that you could spend another $500 on the Denon cable.:D

Damn rich bastards. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis