Alien Prequel Movie Confirmed by Ridley Scott

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A L I E N

In case you hadn't seen this, Ridley Scott is going to direct a prequel to A L I E N! YES.

We've been hearing a lot about a reboot / remake / prequel of the original A L I E N for quite some time now, but things have picked up in the last several weeks, and the latest news is actually pretty surprising: According to Variety, no less than Ridley Scott himself will be directing the prequel, and if I need to remind you that Mr. Scott directed the first A L I E N, then I think you may be at the wrong horror blog. The screenwriter for the flick will be Jon Spaihts, who's clearly one of those "mega-busy but untested" scribes. The guy has no less than five scripts in various stages of development, including Children of Mars and Shadow 19.

Right here is where you'd expect me to flip out like a geek and rant loudly because A L I E N is my all-time favorite film and how dare they make a prequel and yadda yadda ... but frankly I'm pretty thrilled that Ridley Scott is attached. Mainly because I think he's an excellent filmmaker, but also because his hectic schedule may prevent this prequel from arriving any time soon. More info as we get it!
http://www.horrorsquad.com/2009/07/31/ridley-scott-to-direct-a-l-i-e-n-prequel/

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
I wonder if it would be about the species itself – where they came from, how they gained the technology for space travel, how they came to crash land on that planet in the first place…

Or how they’re the result of a failed genetics experiment gone horribly awry, put on a ship & jettisoned into the outer reaches of space, only to mutate with native species of the planet they crashed on, thus becoming the nasty critters we have come to know & love.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I wonder if it would be about the species itself – where they came from, how they gained the technology for space travel, how they came to crash land on that planet in the first place…

Or how they’re the result of a failed genetics experiment gone horribly awry, put on a ship & jettisoned into the outer reaches of space, only to mutate with native species of the planet they crashed on, thus becoming the nasty critters we have come to know & love.
Nah!

It's about Sigourney Weaver, back when she was still good looking. :D

Seriously, I'll be looking forward to this one.

R

redman_43

Junior Audioholic
NICE!!!

My mom was pregnant with me when my dad took her to see it with my future god parents (who were also pregnant with their first). Both my mom and my god mother walked out of the movie when the Alien popped out of that dude. Maybe that is why I love all of these movies.

Now my wife is pregnant and everytime I see a commercial for Alien or any of the other Alien movies, I joke around telling her that there is an Alien in there just waiting to pop out. She hates me. :D

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
^ Luv it. :D

* If this project truly developped into materialisation, I'll bet we'll see the Alien planet, and perhaps witnessing a family of aliens in their daily life; like eating together at dinner time, seing them in their beds at night time, with their alarm clock set for the next morning, their toiletry from the morning in the bathroom, before going to work, and all that alien stuff, you know, business as usual...
That would be awesome, don't you think?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Nah!

It's about Sigourney Weaver, back when she was still good looking. :D

Seriously, I'll be looking forward to this one.
So, who is going to play her part then?:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

Well, if you remember the Alien vs Predator movies, they had a place under one of the poles, going back millenias. So, it would be really in the past for its beginnings:D

Maybe they are from another galaxy?

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Well, if you remember the Alien vs Predator movies, they had a place under one of the poles, going back millenias. So, it would be really in the past for its beginnings:D

Maybe they are from another galaxy?
Or interconstellation?

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Twentieth Century Fox is resuscitating its "Alien" franchise. The studio has hired Jon Spaihts to write a prequel that has Ridley Scott attached to return as director. Spaihts got the job after pitching the studio and Scott Free, which will produce the film. The film is set up to be a prequel to the groundbreaking 1979 film that Scott directed. It will precede that film, in which the crew of a commercial towing ship returning to Earth is awakened and sent to respond to a distress signal from a nearby planetoid. The crew discovers too late that the signal generated by an empty ship was meant to warn them.

Discuss "Alien Prequel Movie Confirmed by Ridley Scott" here. Read the article.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My guess is it will have some info on their origins and of course, the events leading up to the Sulaco landing on that asteroid and the distress call, so it will almost certainly be pre-Sigourney :eek: I was very excited to hear this, even if it may be a ways off. I was just a kid when I saw A L I E N and it scared the crap out of me. I loved it though :D

Last edited:
Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
That first "Alien" movie has long been my all-time favorite Sci-Fi/Horror film. Glad to see it continue with Ridley Scott. I nominate Pamela Anderson for Ripley's role....:cool:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis