HEGEL Comes to the US

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
HEGEL Music Systems is an esoteric brand well known in such circles. HEGEL prides itself on not only it's innovative technology, but also that it assembles locally. Starting this month HEGEL, will bring their line of DACs, CD transports, Preamps, Amps, and Integrated Amps to the US. While HEGEL has been shipped internationally for years, this is the first time they will be assembled and warehoused in the US reducing shipping times and prices.

Discuss "HEGEL Comes to the US" here. Read the article.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
I've got to read more about this company. They seem to build very serious products for the very serious peoples' crowd.
Like their amp philosophy and designs.

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
Plus it's totally cool that they're creating manufacturing jobs over here. Maybe not that many, and I'll probably never have the kind of money needed to buy their products (come on lottery.... or stupidity tax, whichever way you like to think of it).

Still, as SVS and Elemental Designs have shown, it is possible to design and build high quality home theater and stereo products here in the states that can compete with anyone in the world in price and quality.

I'm all for it.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Spend less and save more

That sounds nice and all, and I'm all for supporting the US economy, but I personally think I could spend less and get similar performance. Of course, I can't afford their products anyway. :)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Norway it is.....

Finally, in the US, you get some real equipment from a proper country !!!!

Norway that is, yes :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
No, Thanks to you, I read some of your posts on other threads, and they were intelligent with eloquence, and honest understanding.

Best regards,
Bob
Wow, what can I say other than it's very very nice to hear such things :))))))

I can say that Hegel do have a very very good name around here and very good reputation, for "killing" high profile names. Especially their power amps. I never listened to them, perhaps I should....

Unfortunately shipping cost makes them much more expensive in US but this is good stuff :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis