Blockbuster to Stream Movies with Samsung

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Blockbuster announced today that they are embedding streaming technology into select Samsung televisions, home theater systems and Blu-ray players to enable consumers to access Blockbuster's growing library of premium digital entertainment. The new services will be available next quarter ("in the Fall" according to the release info). Additionally, as part of the agreement, Blockbuster OnDemand will have preferred positioning on the Blu-ray interfaces. We're a tad skeptical - read why.

Discuss "Blockbuster to Stream Movies with Samsung" here. Read the article.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
So, can you tell me if my Samsung BDP2550 that streams Netflix and Pandora is one of the legacy models that will be able to get firmware updates to stream Blockbuster's offerings?

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
Does anybody know if this service will be exclusive to the US only? I know the Blockbuster On demand units were previously available to the US residents only.

I hope that integrating this service with big brand TVs will mean they can expand this expand the service to Canada and elsewhere.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Netflix offers free streaming with their $8.95/month subscriptions. Amazon and Blockbuster are dreaming if they think charging per movie is somehow going to work.

S

scotbrogs

Audiophyte
Myeahh, not that impressed with that. I think I'll just stick to other sources, just as legal btw.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis