Netflix Captures 68.8% of LCD TV Market with Sony Bravia

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Netflix, currently the largest online movie rental service, announced a partnership with Sony Electronics that will enable Netflix subscribers to instantly watch movies streamed from Netflix on Sony's BRAVIA Internet Video-capable HDTVs. Netflix streaming will also work on previous BRAVIA models if they are compatible with Sony's BRAVIA Internet video link module.

Discuss "Netflix Captures 68.8% of LCD TV Market with Sony Bravia" here. Read the article.

S

sandtrap

Junior Audioholic
Please fix the typos

Add in the Vbox 360 and you've got some serious market penetration

should be

Add in the Xbox 360 and you've got some serious market penetration

and

It will be interesting to see how long it takes the networks to pick up on this and whether or not they will allow additional licensing into the Netflix network or continue to forget their own relationships.

should be

It will be interesting to see how long it takes the networks to pick up on this and whether or not they will allow additional licensing into the Netflix network or continue to forge their own relationships.

D

DaleAV

Full Audioholic
Follows on the heels of Blockbuster's continuing problems....I think Netflix is smart maintaining only mail order and streaming business. "close to home" seems to work for most people.
True, they have to keep a heavy staff working in distribution centers, but against some 6000 video rental stores in this economic climate, they still have an edge IMO.

B

bluebirdy

Audioholic Intern
I have heard very good reviews about netflix. Have anyone tried their services? Waiting for comments

R

redass

Junior Audioholic
I have heard very good reviews about netflix. Have anyone tried their services? Waiting for comments
I have netflix. I have the 4 blurays and the unlimited internet viewing package. All in all, they don't make enough content that I want to watch for me to justify keeping the service for more than 6 months at a time, so I go on and off the netflix wagon every year or so. The turn around time is excellent, they have a shipping center close by (not sure how many they have, or where they are located), so it takes one full day for the disc to get there, and they ship out that day, so I can send in a movie on monday, and get the replacement thursday or friday. I've even had a mailman or one of the neighborhood kids steal them and netflix just sent replacements. I can't imagine how they'd do any better outside of more streaming movies and adding game rentals, to be honest.

B

bluebirdy

Audioholic Intern
I have netflix. I have the 4 blurays and the unlimited internet viewing package. All in all, they don't make enough content that I want to watch for me to justify keeping the service for more than 6 months at a time, so I go on and off the netflix wagon every year or so. The turn around time is excellent, they have a shipping center close by (not sure how many they have, or where they are located), so it takes one full day for the disc to get there, and they ship out that day, so I can send in a movie on monday, and get the replacement thursday or friday. I've even had a mailman or one of the neighborhood kids steal them and netflix just sent replacements. I can't imagine how they'd do any better outside of more streaming movies and adding game rentals, to be honest.
Thanks for your views. Hmmm it seems like hectic to me you have to wait for 2 days to get the movie. If you forgot to order them on time, then no movie on weekend. How is blockbuster have you also used it?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis