Yamaha neoHD Media Controllers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Yamaha has been seemingly trying to reinvent itself recently. While the MusicCAST2 may not have been very innovative (as it took many of its cues from its competitors), the new neoHD Media Controllers are showing us innovation that we wouldn't have expected. While the new Media Controllers share the same styling as the MusicCAST2, they are essentially receivers. Audioholics may recognize them as the beginnings of a Home Theater in a Box package, but their innovative interface may just revolutionize how we interact with our gear.

Discuss "Yamaha neoHD Media Controllers" here. Read the article.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I have to admit, I think this is a good idea and it's very cool. The only thing that is absent that I would like to see is at least a backlight monochrome lcd display, it's cheap and lets you know where you are at on the unit itself.

S

slowlybuilt

Enthusiast
Video streaming!

This would be a killer product if they included video streaming in addition to audio streaming. It is already connecting to your PC via ethernet or WiFi to playback audio, why not add video codecs?

Then it becomes an all in one solution. Stick one of these in every room that you have a TV in and your central media server can dish up everything. If you have a HTPC with TV tuners, you no longer need additional cable boxes for each TV, just put one of Yamaha's media extender/amp/receiver combos in every room!

TV+speakers+neoHD and no need for other boxes in the room!!!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
This would be a killer product if they included video streaming in addition to audio streaming. It is already connecting to your PC via ethernet or WiFi to playback audio, why not add video codecs?

Then it becomes an all in one solution. Stick one of these in every room that you have a TV in and your central media server can dish up everything. If you have a HTPC with TV tuners, you no longer need additional cable boxes for each TV, just put one of Yamaha's media extender/amp/receiver combos in every room!

TV+speakers+neoHD and no need for other boxes in the room!!!
I'm sure if they continue to make this line they will eventually do so. Maybe someone can finally put Apple in their place and put something out that does more for less than the Apple TV.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis