Monster "Super Thin" HDMI Cables

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Monster Cable has come out with what looks to be a truly innovative product. We've seen fat cables and flat cables, cables of all colors, finishes, and lengths. We've tested cables, we've reviewed cables, and we've talked about them to no end. But, for the first time, we're seeing a truly thin HDM cable. At only 3.5mm in diameter (the size of the jack on your headphones), it really is significantly thinner than everything else out there. Monster says it is around 65% thinner than normal HDMI cables! Now that's thin!

Discuss "Monster "Super Thin" HDMI Cables" here. Read the article.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
A preview? From monster?
Active what?
And a link to monster's homepage?

Is this really AH? :confused:

Anyway, I'll wait for you test on this thing. Get that mega-tester machine to work :D

Kitsum

Junior Audioholic
I can't believe it! Is this a first from MC? No other company makes this yet?
We are doomed. Lawyers of the world unite!

J

jamie2112

Banned
I can't even bring myself to read the thing,I am shocked to see this up on the site.Come on guys please don't feed their ego and bankroll anymore............:eek:

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I guess it's nice that it's thin, but I'm not the least bit excited about it.

split0101

split0101

Junior Audioholic
Does this mean that Monster now has a patent on thin HDMI cables?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I hope that Super Thin Ribbons sues them. I was going to buy some ribbons but bought a dang HDMI cable instead. That new product name confused me.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
All I have to say about this product is: Nobody cares because it is from Monster.

flamingeye

flamingeye

Junior Audioholic
The only time I will be interested in anything from monster cable is when they stop the BS lawsuits ,then and only then I may think about it

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
I can't see this being of interest to anyone except someone using it for temporary use as the article mentioned - hooking up a camcorder. And then, is the normal thin cable that much of an issue?

I think in cabling terms, thick is very, very strongly equated which quality. I'd have a hard time seeinig this cable buck the trend...

and btw, monster is a sucky company anyway, so I wouldn't mind seeing them flop on a product.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The same people who don't know any better who buy Monster products now will buy these. I can see where they are going with it, but I can't see it being much of a benefit. I don't need skinny HDMI wire to run inside a wall. In a wire track maybe, but wire tracks are usually large enough to handle a normal size HDMI cable.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
Hey Tom's not exactly employed at the moment, gotta pay the bills.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Can I use them as shoelaces? cause that might be kinda cool. :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Unless I'm mistaken, all HDMI cables should be measured by two simple measures:
What data bandwidth it can sustain and what over distance.
Ability of 100AWG cable to transport 10Gbps over 5" doesn't impress me much.
Lets test this "ultra-thin" (TM)(C)(R)(U) (etc...) cable in 50ft length to be able to do Full HDMI 1.3 spec and then talk about is it impressive or not so much.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis