Terminator Home Theater

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
When Mortensen first thought about creating his own home theater, he wasn’t working as a Christmas elf; he was a respiratory therapist, specializing in acute cardio-pulmonary support and trauma. A noble profession is no match for the home theater bug, however. Soon Mortensen found himself designing a nice room with a built-in CRT TV, A/V cabinets and a hidden door for access to A/V components. As the project progressed, so did Mortensen’s plan.

Discuss "Terminator Home Theater" here. Read the article.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
When Mortensen first thought about creating his own home theater, he wasn’t working as a Christmas elf; he was a respiratory therapist, specializing in acute cardio-pulmonary support and trauma. A noble profession is no match for the home theater bug, however. Soon Mortensen found himself designing a nice room with a built-in CRT TV, A/V cabinets and a hidden door for access to A/V components. As the project progressed, so did Mortensen’s plan.

Discuss "Terminator Home Theater" here. Read the article.
Looks very interesting. :D

Patrick_Wolf

Patrick_Wolf

Audioholic
Umm, why Transformers.... shouldn't this be on the screen!? :eek:

No doubt... I think the theater at Universal Studios Orlando's Terminator 2:3-D would be awesome as well... 24 channel surround!

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
There are a lot of trinkets to make this a man room, I like that. But, there is also too much light in the field of view (I suppose they can be independently controlled...). Personally, I dont like anything to detract attention from the screen.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I'm sure the lights can be turned off, but the pillars which appear to be white and flank the screen but are out in front are a huge annoyance to me. Obviously, if they are structural you can't do anything about them - but they definitely need to get a dark paint job.

I'm not sure why this would be a terminator theater as beyond the name, it seems to miss the movie by a fair margin and the room is very busy.

NOT TO SAY I DON'T LIKE IT!

I really do like it, and the look is unique, but I generally think that themed rooms should actually be far more directly tied to the theme they are following.

One of my favs has to be the Star Trek themed room which won a bunch of CEDIA awards a few years back.

Yet, a 159" front projection setup is awesome and always really enjoyable no matter what. Good stuff.

majorloser

majorloser

Amateur :p

How can you have a "Terminator" home theater without the movie props?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
One of my favs has to be the Star Trek themed room which won a bunch of CEDIA awards a few years back.
Didn't he have a transporter pad under the screen? Seems like he wanted a little bit of everything he likes?:D

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
J

jamie2112

Banned
I don't remember exactly, but it's not exactly hard to Google and get some crazy shots of that particular theater...

http://www.mybadpad.com/fun-stuff/9-out-of-this-world-home-theaters

I like the Batcave there as well, I thought it would be pretty fun to do a Hogwarts themed one - definitely suitable for a 'dark' themed theater setting.
I like the Batcave too as well as the Kipnis thr is freaking too much. Every time I see that thing it kills me.......:D

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
I guess this guy is OK as long as none of his friends is named John Connor :eek:

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I actually think MajorLosers HT looks more like the terminator theater than this guys. Just cause he calls it Cyberdyne does not make it so.

majorloser

majorloser

I actually think MajorLosers HT looks more like the terminator theater than this guys. Just cause he calls it Cyberdyne does not make it so.
When the guy buys one of these then he can call his theater the "Terminator Theater". :mad:

The T-800 Life-Sized Endoskeleton

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis