Elemental Designs W6-6TC Bookshelf Gets Wood

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The W6-6TC speakers are a joint venture with Swan Loudspeakers and have definitely benefited from the partnership. They feature a 1.5” silk dome tweeter and a 6.75” pressed poly cone midrange driver. The midrange has a whopping 3” voice coil! The W6-6TC’s offer a quoted response from 43 Hz-20 kHz, reaching well within the range of some tower speakers at a fairly compact size. These speakers were designed with 2.0 and 2.1 reference listening systems in mind. For a limited time, Audioholics readers can get over 25% off! See the article for details.

Discuss "Elemental Designs W6-6TC Bookshelf Gets Wood" here. Read the article.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Think the woofer and tweeter have enough screws? Also in the picture, is that glue that I see on the woofer surround?

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
The W6-6TC speakers are a joint venture with Swan Loudspeakers and have definitely benefited from the partnership. They feature a 1.5” silk dome tweeter and a 6.75” pressed poly cone midrange driver. The midrange has a whopping 3” voice coil! The W6-6TC’s offer a quoted response from 43 Hz-20 kHz, reaching well within the range of some tower speakers at a fairly compact size. These speakers were designed with 2.0 and 2.1 reference listening systems in mind. For a limited time, Audioholics readers can get over 25% off! See the article for details.

Discuss "Elemental Designs W6-6TC Bookshelf Gets Wood" here. Read the article.
Think the woofer and tweeter have enough screws? Also in the picture, is that glue that I see on the woofer surround?
There's a joke in there...I'll leave it for someone else.:)

They look nice.

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
I have seen them in person and they do look very nice. I also think they sound a bit more clear and certainly have better bass than their other bookshelf offerings. If you want to see the screws and woofers and tweeters and glue better, there is a high res image on my blog site at:

http://www.htgamers.com/index.php/2009/04/elemental-designs-road-trip/

It was a cool trip to actually see the eD factory and all the subs, parts, and speakers. Later...

R

rcb020

Enthusiast
These look a lot alike the Swan D2.1SE aside from the port positioning.

Wonder how the two match up, nearly same price.

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
These look a lot alike the Swan D2.1SE aside from the port positioning.

Wonder how the two match up, nearly same price.
Thats exactly what i was thinking... lol, looks to be pretty much the same thing as far as drivers are concerned. Different crossover design maybe?

T

tgferg67

Enthusiast
I have had a pair since April.
They have a beautiful wet look finish that my camera can't capture.

Last edited:
T

tgferg67

Enthusiast
Very nice!

BTW, what speaker stands are those? I like them...
The stands are VTI - VSP series. I ordered the silver posts, did not care for the silver after setting them up and ended up painting them semi-gloss black.

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
The stands are VTI - VSP series. I ordered the silver posts, did not care for the silver after setting them up and ended up painting them semi-gloss black.
Thanks. I think they look really nice with the semi-gloss...

J

just listening

Audioholic
The 2.1SE/W6-6TC veneer finishes may just be the most beautiful under $1K. I'd be curious in reading a head-to-head comparison of the two, since the Swan is rear-firing and the ED uses front firing port.

T

tgferg67

Enthusiast
The 2.1SE/W6-6TC veneer finishes may just be the most beautiful under $1K. I'd be curious in reading a head-to-head comparison of the two, since the Swan is rear-firing and the ED uses front firing port.
I thought for $475 shipped to my door I would give them a shot(think they are still available for this with the "w6sale" code. In my opinion they still(like the Swans) need to be at least a couple feet off the wall to sound their best.

This user(ThorCorps) from AV123 forums has both the Swan 2.1SE's and W6-6TC's and noted some comparisons.

"I pulled the Swans off their stands and put these in their place and played a couple of songs. Sound very similar so far as expected. After they've broken in, I'll do a side-by-side with the Swan D2.1SE's as well as moving them into one of the smaller rooms to see if the front-port and different crossover make a difference in the low-end."

"The eD does not have as prominent a bottom end as the Swan does (since the highs are similar between the two, it looks like they tweaked that by the cabinet/port geometry instead of by crossover changes)."

Here is a photo that better shows the wet look of the finish

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis