Denon New AVR 10/90 Lineup Adds Features, Value

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Denon announced their new lineup of AVRs this week. Three new high end 'CI' models were released, the AVR-4310CI and AVR-3310CI along with two more in the same line without the CI designation; the AVR-1910 and AVR1610. The retail (or home theater) line is also getting a total makeover with the inclusion of the AVR-990, AVR-890, AVR-790, and AVR-790. The prices range from $1,999 for the AVR-4310CI to $349 for the AVR-590. Think Denon isn't giving you value for your money? Every AVR in the lineup can decode the high def audio formats!

Discuss "Denon New AVR 10/90 Lineup Adds Features, Value" here. Read the article.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
There is also the AVR-4810ci, with a 9.3-channel configuration.

So, 12 channels total; 9 regular powered channels at 140 watts per channel (multi mono-block construction), and 3 subwoofer outputs!

The Dacs are the TI PCM-1791a for all channels (probably 6 dual chips).

The video chip is by Anchor Bay Technology, the VRS ABT-2010.

It has Audyssey MultEQ XT DSX (Dynamic Surround Expansion) and Audyssey Pro capability.

It is fully loaded with all the features inimaginable.

The retail price for the Denon AVR-4810ci is $3,000 USA. It will come later in the year.

For more details on the AVR-1610, AVR-4810ci & AVR-4310ci, click here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1122905&page12 And go to page 12.

For more on the AVR-3310ci, AVR-2310ci & AVR-1910, click here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1122905&page13 And go to page 13.

And for more on all models, including the AVR-990, AVR-890, AVR-790 & AVR-590, click here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1146308

Last edited:
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Finally someone getting rid of all those unused connections on the back of the AVRs. How clean the back looks, thanks Denon! But, they may have gone too far... Where are my pre-outs? Bad Denon :cool:

Maybe, Denon figured, anyone spending $2000 on an AVR, might not need preouts since they would probably go pre-pro... Well, they made the decision much easier with the new lineup not have the pre-outs.

No more, dedicated amp for the frontstage and using the AVR amps for surrounds and rears, either.

G

gthomas

Audiophyte
Instead of Dolby Prologic llz, didn't they mean Audyssey DSX?

Gene

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
:confused:Huh? The 4310 still has pre-outs.:D And still plenty of useless connections.:(

Last edited:
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
:confused:Huh? The 4310 still has pre-outs.:D And still plenty of useless connections.:(
I think only that one and maybe the 3010...

I was trying to snidely imply that in a $3000 AVR, the need for a dedicated amp is less than in a $500 one and those are the ones the pre-outs are missing from...

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Instead of Dolby Prologic llz, didn't they mean Audyssey DSX?

Gene
They all have Dolby Pro Logic IIz, but the AVR-4310ci and the AVR-4810ci add on top of that Audyssey DSX. So, with these two models you have the entire enchilada.

The models below the 4310ci, don't have Audyssey DSX.

Bob

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
I think only that one and maybe the 3010...

I was trying to snidely imply that in a $3000 AVR, the need for a dedicated amp is less than in a $500 one and those are the ones the pre-outs are missing from...
First, there is no 3010.

Now, the 3310, 4310 and 4810 all have preouts for all channels, including the two new "Height" channels.

As for the 2310, 1910 and 1610, they certainly have at least preouts for the two new "Height" channels from Dolby Pro Logic IIz. And you can also include in this list, the 990, 890, 790 and 590.

Last edited:
R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I hope their GUI, manual, and setup have improved. If so, Denon will be tough to beat.

R

RequiemX

Enthusiast
I hope their GUI, manual, and setup have improved. If so, Denon will be tough to beat.
I bet the GUI will be slightly better than before, the manual will still suck, and the setup will be just as hard. Yet, Denon will still be tough to beat.

I'm waiting to see if they've scrimped on amp section like everybody else did, though.

I'm walking a fine line between getting a 1909 before they're gone and possibly getting stuck with an inferior 1910.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
I'm waiting to see if they've scrimped on amp section like everybody else did, though.
The amp information is worryingly absent from any information I've found. Doesn't bode well at all. Let's hope for a pleasant surprise.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
There is also the AVR-4810ci, with a 9.3-channel configuration.
yea we know all the details of that model but are unfortunately not authorized to post it yet. Coming soon...

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
yea we know all the details of that model but are unfortunately not authorized to post it yet. Coming soon...
This is fine Gene, I do understand. And actually that model is supposed to appear much later this year too.

Anyway, I am a common mortal that happen to find some info about it, and I don't have any type of restrictions on my findings. But I'm also careful to not make any mistakes or subjections, after all I am a pro-audioholic. :)

And to be quite honest, this is the model that I am most interested after, probably like you too.

Best regards,

Bob

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
so what does the 3310 replace?

not the 3808 i think.

Z

zippy753

Enthusiast
Japan vs. China Denons?

Just curious, how much importance do people place on the China v. Japan assembled Denons? I just started looking and figured the 2309 and 2809 was a good place to start for a modest receiver with the power and features I want. Also, they give the impression that they’re differentiated from the receivers below them in that they’re made closer to their home in Japan. Whether that’s important or not, I don’t know, but the 2310 (from the pictures of the back of the receivers on Audioholics) is now made in China. Any opinions? Would place of manufacture be something worthwhile to consider when choosing between the Denons? If so, I might be inclined to snap up one of the earlier models instead since I don't think I'd be willing to spend extra for the next step up, the 3310.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
so what does the 3310 replace?

not the 3808 i think.
Ya, that's right, the 2809ci is replaced by the 3310ci.

And the 3808ci is replaced by the 4310ci.

And the 4308ci is replaced by the 4810ci.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Just curious, how much importance do people place on the China v. Japan assembled Denons? I just started looking and figured the 2309 and 2809 was a good place to start for a modest receiver with the power and features I want. Also, they give the impression that they’re differentiated from the receivers below them in that they’re made closer to their home in Japan. Whether that’s important or not, I don’t know, but the 2310 (from the pictures of the back of the receivers on Audioholics) is now made in China. Any opinions? Would place of manufacture be something worthwhile to consider when choosing between the Denons? If so, I might be inclined to snap up one of the earlier models instead since I don't think I'd be willing to spend extra for the next step up, the 3310.
I think that a lot of people have various explanations on this.

Here's mine: It is an economy business related matter. It is cheaper to have your products made in China. But that don't mean the quality is not there.
I own some Rotel products made in China, and they are well build.

Many speaker's manufacturers in North America have their speaker assembled and made in China, cost less for them. But they are still build to their specs.

Of course, when you see: made in USA, made in Japan, made in Canada, made in Germany, made in Great Britain or made in Italy, you do feel more reassure, but it is mainly that, reassurance. How much reassurance should cost you? It's up to you to decide.

Cheers,

Bob

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis