Blockbuster Runs Hail Mary, Quarterbacks TiVo

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
As the weather gets warmer we may be more willing to go outside. But fewer of us are going outside to rent movies. That’s been the source of Blockbuster’s woes since it’s heyday in 2002 when it was the undisputed king of home video. Now the company is faced with certain death if it stays the course in the movie rental biz. If you can’t beat the in-home streaming content and DVR system – join it! TiVo has been quietly adding content partners and a Blockbuster partnership seems to be a no-brainer for both parties.

Discuss "Blockbuster Runs Hail Mary, Quarterbacks TiVo" here. Read the article.

I

IndoSlim

Audioholic Intern
It's still a "no-go" for me.

They might have a pretty good thing going with this partnership with Tivo, but I'm still not going to pay $2 to $5 to rent a movie (especially given the quality of the stream!) when I already pay a monthly fee of more than $20 to get 3 movies mailed to my house at a time, of which I can exchange for 3 more free movies in the store! I don't mind going to the store that much--it is right around the corner from my house! If they offered these movies for free (like Netflix) as long as you're a member, I might be tempted. Until then, you can forget it. I'm not excited. The only reason I haven't switched to Netflix is the quality of the movies. It's as bad as trying to watch a youtube video on a 52in screen.

alexsabree

alexsabree

Junior Audioholic
They might have a pretty good thing going with this partnership with Tivo, but I'm still not going to pay $2 to $5 to rent a movie (especially given the quality of the stream!) when I already pay a monthly fee of more than $20 to get 3 movies mailed to my house at a time, of which I can exchange for 3 more free movies in the store! I don't mind going to the store that much--it is right around the corner from my house! If they offered these movies for free (like Netflix) as long as you're a member, I might be tempted. Until then, you can forget it. I'm not excited. The only reason I haven't switched to Netflix is the quality of the movies. It's as bad as trying to watch a youtube video on a 52in screen.
Even if you were able to get high quality video.. It would take days to download all that.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis