Purple Haze DIY Home Theater

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
‘Scuse us while we kiss this DIY guy. After all, Don Kellogg deserves the accolades. Even though he spent most of his days working around the globe, Don still managed to sneak in the time to create this purple haze - the perfect mix of color and cool home theater. "My high school colors were purple and white (black as well), and it’s my wife favorite color," Don says. His second choice was red. However, Don says many theaters follow that color palette, and he wanted to try something new. "Anyone that knows me knows I’m a little different, so I felt it was a good fit."

Discuss "Purple Haze DIY Home Theater" here. Read the article.

Hipnotic4

Hipnotic4

Full Audioholic
wow I need to hang out with Mr Haze..Some of these installs are just too good to be anything short of amazing

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
puple rocks.

Reflecting on one of the more minor parts of the room - color: initially, I was thinking, purple? I think my wife's teenage sister had a purple room when she was young and silly...

But for an HT, purple is dark enough to disappear when the show is on... and when room is lite, it convey's a rich classic cinema look to me; thick purple curtian come to mind...

All in all, a very appropriate and stylish color for a home theater, IMO.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis