The Speaker Company TSAT-1000-HT8-B System Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The tSc TSAT-1000-HT8-B speaker system performance defies its meager asking price. It’s basically the finest sounding compact system on the cheap that I’ve heard with a fit and finish that is second to none. The system works extremely well together and mated with the ASW-8 subwoofer, you’ve got great fidelity that doesn’t draw attention to itself until your guests sit down for a listen and wonder how all that sound is coming from such little boxes not much bigger than the much more expensive "cubed" systems they own. Considering that tSc offers FREE shipping, FREE 30 day home trial policy and FREE return shipping if you don’t like the system, there is simply no risk in buying it. That being said, if a small compact inexpensive system is what you are looking for, than stop perusing the internet and buy this system!

Discuss "The Speaker Company TSAT-1000-HT8-B System Review" here. Read the article.

Matt34

Matt34

Good review, I'm still impressed by the dual ASW-8 in my bedroom system. If I can convince my parents into getting a small system this would be on the top of the list.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks Gene, I enjoyed the review.

Are there plans to review any of their other speakers?
One more question; can you tell me what company makes their drivers? That is, for any of TSC speakers. Not just the TSAT's.
Thanks,
Rick

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Are there plans to review any of their other speakers?
One more question; can you tell me what company makes their drivers? That is, for any of TSC speakers. Not just the TSAT's.
Thanks,
Rick
Not sure about the drivers but that tweet looks like the old Infinity poly cell design.

Tom is publishing a TST2 tower review tomorrow which I believe are similar to a Sapphire speaker system from awhile back.

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
great review. I like to see stuff like this. I think that is more fun to spend less and get more than you expected. Would like to see the base model floor standers that they make tested. Great job

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
What would you recommend as a minimum for for powering the satellites? I am looking to set up a basic system for my parents, and this might fit the bill.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Nicely done. I know have a system to reccommend to the htib crowd.

O

ohio

Junior Audioholic
I'm sure the speakers are great, but I just read the "Secrets of the Loudspeaker Industry" whitepaper, and it reads like an infomercial. It also has a massive flaw in it's most basic premise: the value chain from factory to consumer has an extra step in it. If $100 is the cost to the brand, then $350 is the cost to the consumer according to their model. If $100 is the cost to the FACTORY, then the model would hold up at a basic level. They use those numbers (which are off by a 100% markup) throughout the article.

Perhaps they should stick to making speakers, and leave the economics to esoteric cable companies.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Great review. I enjoyed that one. Can we get some more TSC reviews, please! :)

morrone

morrone

Enthusiast
Under the section "CD: A Special Tribute to Pink Floyd":

"The vocals sounded a bit thin on track #1 “Money” which is to be expected with a small satellite speaker like this. This is why I highly recommend running dual subs on systems like these placed up front close to the satellites and equidistant from the main listening area."

Did a sentence or two get dropped here? It sounds like you saying that the thin vocals would be fixed by having a second sub. That can't be what you meant...

808htfan

Junior Audioholic
Sounds great. A few of my friends are interested in these satellite-type packages. I wonder how these comare to the Energy Take Classic 5.1?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Did a sentence or two get dropped here? It sounds like you saying that the thin vocals would be fixed by having a second sub. That can't be what you meant...
Yes its exactly what I meant. The idea is the subs get crossed over around 120Hz and fill in the upper bass to give that fuller vocal presence. Just b/c a sub is crossed over at 120Hz doesn't mean it stops playing bass at 121Hz. Vocal energy goes down to the 100Hz range.

Z

Z1ldjian

Audiophyte
I just readf the review

I am also looking at the Fluance SXHTB+ 5 setup. These also look like they are in the same ballpark at the TSC brand for about the same price minus the sub. Do you or anyone else have any thoughts on this company. They are getting rave reviews as well.

I also have one more thing to add, and I am by no means trying to start anything, just more of a ( thing that made me go hmmm ) I noticed that soon after your reviews of their setups I am not seeing advertising by them on this site. I hope that maybe they are not getting biased reviews based off of their advertising.

I have never heard of either of these companies untill about a week ago, when I started looking for a new setup to go with my soon to be mine pio 1018.

Do you have any plans to review their speakers soon, if you have not already. Does anyone else have any experience witht them?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I noticed that soon after your reviews of their setups I am not seeing advertising by them on this site. I hope that maybe they are not getting biased reviews based off of their advertising.
I noticed that anytime someone brings this up their post count is under 5. I hope you're not a shill for a competing magazine or brand :rolleyes:

The fact that you claim to "Not" see banners for them now that the review is up is puzzling since the banners have been running continously for months and it would make no sense for us to turn them off simply b/c we published a review for them...

tSC has been directly advertising on our site for over 2 months now and nearly 6 months via google ads, but thanks for "not" noticing after the review was published :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I noticed that anytime someone brings this up their post count is under 5.
Just f&^#ing ban him! :eek:
Are you or aren't you the president? :D
We'll all look the other way while you do it. :rolleyes:

j/k :)

Last edited:
B

blued888

Audioholic
It's nice to see a fairly new company such as tSc is getting good reviews. Makes me feel good I got one of their subwoofers during the sale. :)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Just f&^#ing ban him!
Are you or aren't you the president?
We'll all look the other way while you do it.
LOL I like to give the benefit of a doubt that he is a legitimately a new forum member and not a troll. :rolleyes:

Z

Z1ldjian

Audiophyte
I noticed that anytime someone brings this up their post count is under 5. I hope you're not a shill for a competing magazine or brand :rolleyes:

The fact that you claim to "Not" see banners for them now that the review is up is puzzling since the banners have been running continously for months and it would make no sense for us to turn them off simply b/c we published a review for them...

tSC has been directly advertising on our site for over 2 months now and nearly 6 months via google ads, but thanks for "not" noticing after the review was published :)

Heh, sorry I meant to say I have not seen any advertising for them here until your recent review. Than again I am new here so I could be wrong, and it appears that I am. It just seemed like maybe you all were climbing into bed with them :)

Seriously I am not trying to be a troll, but If I see something like that I will ask questions to make sure that is not the case. ( Not that if you were, would I expect you to come out and say yea they give us a kick back for good reviews ) HAHAHA.

No I dont work for Fluance, nor have I ever heard of them until about a week or so ago.

From reading all of the user reviews, and the one on Cnet, I thought I would see one on here as well, but I see only reviews on TSC here. Hence my questions.

From reading up on their speakers, and their website they seem like a fantasic deal, and on paper possibly even better than the same catagory from the TSC.

I'm sure me, and may other folks here would greatly be interested in a side by side comparison between this package, and the equivalent package from them. Since both are in same price range, and same features. I think this would be good shootout and would like to see the outcome. Or possibly just a review on them by you would be great. Especialy since I see nothing new on their speakers. Everything I have read is from many years ago.

I am in the market for a new setup. I already decided on the receiver, just need some speakers for under or around 300.00

As it sits now its going to be TSAT-1000, or the SXHTB+ and will get a HSU sub later.

I noticed in your response you did not adress my question about the quality of the Fluance setup. Do you have any thoughts on them. Please advise.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I noticed in your response you did not adress my question about the quality of the Fluance setup. Do you have any thoughts on them. Please advise.
Fluance speakers look very nice. Unfortunately anytime I call them to arrange a product review the phone operators don't understand that we are an online review publication. They only seem competent enough to take a phone order and not think outside the box. I'd love to get a better contact over there to make it happen but right now its been a challenge to say the least.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis