Optoma HD8200 DLP Projector with Lens Shift

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Optoma showed us their all-new HD8200 home theater projector, the company’s latest high-end 1080p DLP-based front projector. It's powered by Texas Instruments’ DLP DarkChip3 DMD Technology, and incorporating Optoma’s PureShift and PureMotion technologies. Designed to meet the most demanding custom installation environments, the HD8200 also integrates installation-friendly features like ISFccc (Imaging Science Foundation Custom Calibration Configuration) Day & Night certified modes.

Discuss "Optoma HD8200 DLP Projector with Lens Shift" here. Read the article.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
$5k and no motorized zoom/lens shift? Otherwise looks pretty good. It's up against some stiff competition in the 2k-2.5k price range, and even stiffer competition with the Mits HC7000 and the RS10 (might be a bit more $$$?).

I liked my HD80 quite a bit, but placement was a mother. It's good to see Optoma went with black too. :D

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would be interested in a review of this for sure!

The price is a bit steep, but both LCD and LCoS have had both super zoom and wide lens shift for the last few years. The competition also has taken on DLP contrast ratios head on with a very serious jump in performance over the past few years.

DLP has been sitting on projectors with crazy offset (30%+) and 1.2 zoom lenses and thinking that is appropriate for people as they often charge $5,000+ for their machines.

I'm excited about this projector, and think it is long overdue. If they could actually do one for $3K then they will really be in the running against the LCD models... At $5K, I'm not sure why someone wouldn't just get the JVC instead.

The new HD808 model is priced (MSRP) at around $3499 and has 1200 lumens with a DarkChip2 DMD. Other than that they are almost identical. Promising to say the least that we are finally seeing DLP with vertical AND horizontal lens shift.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Clint, have you seen the new JVCs and the new Sony LCOS units? I'm wondering how they compare. I have a DLP and I like the image. I don't care for LCD but the new JVC units seem to be getting rave reviews on their picture quality. Just wondering if you saw them and your impressions.:) I'm not into spending upwards of 8 g's with LED units on the horizon.

F

funlvr1965

Audiophyte
Optoma has its work cut out for them based on their poor performance and support track record, their HD81 was a monumental dissapointment on all sides, hopefully they are learning from their mistakes

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis