A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Samsung has decided to take a huge leap forward with their LCDs with their launch of their new line of LED backlit panels. Generally ranging from 40" to 55", they all feature extreme contrast ratios, ultra slim designs (even with tuners included) and tons of extras. The top of the line 8000 series features 240Hz processing, chrome stylings, built in Ethernet connection and wireless-ready capabilities, and response times matching CRT displays (or so they claim).

Discuss "Samsung LED HDTVs" here. Read the article.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Woah. Me thinks that I'm going to put off buying that LN52A630. I've been waiting for a nice LED-backlit display.

Then again, these will probably be extremely pricey in comparison to the 630. Decisions, decisions (yes, Phil, I know...buy a plasma :)).

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Woah. Me thinks that I'm going to put off buying that LN52A630. I've been waiting for a nice LED-backlit display.

Then again, these will probably be extremely pricey in comparison to the 630. Decisions, decisions (yes, Phil, I know...buy a plasma :)).
Could always get the 61" LED for less than the 52" LCD

-pat

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
No problem. I just had my grandma pick one of these up. She's decided to redo her electronics by getting rid of everything and buying a new TV and entertainment center.

I came across the LED prices by accident when searching. Best Buy seems to be giving these things away. The 67" is less than $2,000!

-pat

patnshan

patnshan

Senior Audioholic
I am going to get one of these, likely a 61 incher to replace my old school toshiba projection TV in the living room. I like flat panel too, but as we are not replacing the amoire we don't need to depth savings. I guess I'll take the money savings instead.

Pat

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
It looks like Bestbuy has the LN55B6000 already available.
$3499

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
These TVs look simply amazing. Great coloring, great black levels, they are some of the best TVs I've ever seen. I would even put them up against some of the better plasmas, not all of them of course but some of them.

Mike

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
i've spend quite a bit of time with the 55B7000 lately. Simply fantastic popping color with awesome awesome blacks. The thing is insanely thin too.
The only drawback i have been seeing is that the motion blur is pretty bad at times... With the 55" it appears you really need to be more than 10ft back for optimal PQ. Otherwise this is a pretty awesome TV. :cool:

C

Cavediver

Audioholic
I just saw a couple of these at Fry's today. They had a 55" 6000 and a 55" 7000. Pretty inpressive TV's. Great picture and price is not too bad either. I still can't get over how thin they are. Less than 1.5" or so.

R

rekced

Audioholic
I saw a few of them the other day. Between the ULTRA thin design with sharp looking edges and glossy screen/bezel, it made me feel cold down to my bones. It would be perfect for someone in a modern urban glass home kept at 55 degrees year round with a couch kept perpendicular to the TV.

Vomit.

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
I saw a few of them the other day. Between the ULTRA thin design with sharp looking edges and glossy screen/bezel, it made me feel cold down to my bones. It would be perfect for someone in a modern urban glass home kept at 55 degrees year round with a couch kept perpendicular to the TV.

Vomit.
So i assume you prefer the fat wood console design? :p

Porschetech

Porschetech

Audioholic
seen these at bestbuy too.........mouthwatering picture :D

D

D-Jingle

Enthusiast
Check out how thin!

These babies are incredible! The mount takes up too much space!

A

AcesoverKings

Audiophyte
Samsung LED TV Cheap - 46" 8 Series for $1,999 w/ Free Shipping

Check out Samsung-LEDs.com for the best selection and prices online for Samsung LED TVs.

The UN46B8000 is on sale for $1,999 with Free Shipping.

The experience watching these new LED side-lit LCDs is unbelievable. When combined with the motion flow 240Hz it's completely life-like. Especially for watching football!

Cheers

A

AcesoverKings

Audiophyte
D-Jingle:

You need to see the new Ultra-Slim Wall Mounts Samsung has come out with just for these super slim LED TVs.

Go here for the best prices: Samsung-LEDs.com

Cheers

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis