Induction Dynamics ID1.15, S1.8 Loudspeakers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Induction Dynamics introduced the ID1.15 and S1.8 loudspeakers. The two products complete the company's "Super Loudspeaker" line, which also includes the ID1.18 tower loudspeakers and the C1.8 center loudspeaker. The ID1.15 measures 62.5" in height and incorporates a 1.125" high-power soft dome tweeter, a 3" soft dome midrange, an 8" woofer with Kevlar cone, and dual 15" subwoofers with laminated cones. As with the larger ID1.18, the ID1.15 provides very high power handling down to the lowest audible frequencies as well as exceptional sound quality.

Discuss "Induction Dynamics ID1.15, S1.8 Loudspeakers" here. Read the article.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for the review.... When I was out auditioning speakers for my first set, I stumbled upon a set of Model: S1T.... I had never heard of this company before. I had listened to a dozen speakers that day, and these were the first to literally drop my jaw to the floor. Totally the first time I heard speakers with sound not coming from the box. I couldn't believe the depth and imaging I heard from them, they really sounded spectacular, and the wood work on them was just beautiful, then I looked at the pricetag - they were completely out of my pricerange...

But I will never forget how they sounded..... great job ID

If you ever have a chance to give them a listen, don't hesitate - it was a very enjoyable and memorable experience for me.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Browsing through their site I noticed 2 things:

1. Their heavy weight is 240 lbs.
2. No price tags.

What was the price on the ones you saw Warp?

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Those S1t's I saw went for $5000.00 a pair..... If that is any indication, and those were small speakers, same size as the Energy 2.4i they were sitting next too, but they hands down blew the Energy's out of the water.

Last edited:
Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, the Energy's were out of my price range at the time then too, but they weren't marked at full list there.... I didn't feel that they sounded that much better to me then the Studio 100's at that time... who knows how I would feel now, I seem to have a more refined view of speakers and how they sound to me know..

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I noticed that they carried some patents on those speakers so I googled them. It had to do with their grill attachment mechanism. These guys are serious.

This snooping through patents is new to me and I find it really interesting.

Hey Tom,

How does this work? Do you actually have these speakers to review?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis