Blu-ray Pirates: A Few Lines Short of 1080p

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Who wouldn’t be attracted by lower priced high-definition movie discs. But pirated Blu-ray discs are getting so good over in China, complete with Blu-ray cases, they’re becoming virtually indistinguishable from the real thing. But the new breed of digital fakes isn’t quite perfect and it’s all about the resolution.

Discuss "Blu-ray Pirates: A Few Lines Short of 1080p" here. Read the article.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
IMO, that was just a matter of time!

Give the pirates a couple of months more and you'll have 1080p resoution films either. Seeing things on a different angle, perhaps this issue (the tip of the iceberg) "awakes" the studios and make'em drop their profits, in order to definetely popularize the format, by offering cheaper discs overall.
CE manufacturers are doing their share, IMO.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
what's interesting is that there hasn't been a penalty to buying digital copies on DVD. It really was just a copy of the real thing. Now there is! Pirated Blu-ray discs really are of compromised quality.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
old news to me ... i've been seeing these on "stands" for quite some time ...

it's inevitable that they're gonna get "real" BD pirated discs out soon.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
So if they are using a dvd disc to burn these onto, would they play on a regular dvd player? How would tell if your copy of a movie is a pirate or not?

Jack

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
So if they are using a dvd disc to burn these onto, would they play on a regular dvd player? How would tell if your copy of a movie is a pirate or not?

Jack
I believe they are using the AVCHD codec which is ready by nearly every Panasonic and Sony Blu-Ray player and is also the hi-def format used by Sony, Panasonic and I believe Canon hi-def consumer camcorders.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis