Universal Attempts to Squash Redbox, Redbox Fights Back

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
It would seem that $1 per night video rental kiosks have pissed off certain Hollywood studios. Universal Studios, under the guise of so called revenue sharing deals looks to be using tactics of questionable legality to force kiosk operator into flagrantly unfavorable deals. Deals that the kiosk operators have been told they can’t refuse. But refuse, some have, with kiosk operator Redbox filing a lawsuit against Universal for violating anti-trust laws.

Discuss "Universal Attempts to Squash Redbox, Redbox Fights Back" here. Read the article.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Good for the little guy. I hope Redbox wins this monsterlike lawsuit....

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Good for them... I dont' use Redbox very often, but I do get their free coupon codes once or twice a week, an do use them on occasion. I hate to see the big greedy studios try to throw their weight around, hopefully Redbox will win this one.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I wish I had bought stock in redbox as soon as I saw the first ones come out. But when I found out it was part of McDonalds I figured it might be pointless. (also I had no money)

G

Gladstone

Audiophyte
I noticed there were a few blu ray titles in the local redbox machine. Hopefully redbox slows them down.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis