Undercover at the Gears of War 2 Midnight Event

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Selflessly, Tom Andry, Associate Editor of Audioholics volunteered to go undercover at his local Gamestop midnight release of Gears of War 2. What did he find? About what you'd expect. And, of course, it had nothing to do with getting to write off GOW2 as a business expense, I swear.

Discuss "Undercover at the Gears of War 2 Midnight Event" here. Read the article.

I only wish I could have been there... With how many games I saw stacked up, it looks like the pre-order wasn't really necessary.

Geeking out with the nyerds... Tonight we play!

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
This is my favorite line "By 11:45 he was checking it every minute or two. By 11:58, he was staring at it. When midnight hit, I thought he'd explode (he didn't, but I stood clear just in case)"...very funny:D, that made me laugh:).

The campaign is very good so far. Very similar to the original but with a heck of a lot more going on. It seems the enemies come in bigger numbers,bigger battles more explosions, the surrounding environment destructing around you. I have not played any type of multiplayer yet but I imagine Horde is a lot of fun. I am intrigued about the bots too.

Slats

Slats

Junior Audioholic
So, what are the chances of getting your xbox live tags? Intelligent adults are few and far between on live and we need to stick together...

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'm expecting to get a copy of this for Christmas, but I'm sure by then I'll be so far behind the learning curve, I'll get my arse handed to me pretty badly. But until then, I'll just keepy playing COD4 and Halo 3.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Way to go Tom! Funny story.

I found your geekfest observations interesting. I did a similar scout of the GTAIV release up here in Canada and I was surprised.

I expected to see throngs of baggy trousered, nerd-wanna-be gangstas in desperate need of suspenders.

Instead there were a lot of what I'd call regular people. I was in line outside a Future Shop in the minutes before midnight and people near me in line were talking about anticipating a tough day at work the next day because it's likely they'll get no sleep. Another discussion was about parenting and the high cost of kids sports.

PARENTING!! Excuse me but this is the GTA IV line and you guys obviously have it mistaken for Wiggles on Ice.

I was tempted to pull off a carjacking right then and there just to show these kids how we rock it old school.

Then I realized... It ME that was becoming the geeky wanna-be-gangsta. So I calmed down and bought my copy of GTA IV. I've been playing it steady ever since.

My LIVE gamer-tag is
Epicondilitus

Friends me if you think we play any of the same games
http://live.xbox.com/member/Epicondylitus

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis