Roku Leaks Netflix HD Service

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We hear news of online movie streaming all the time - more and more recently in relation to Netflix with their Roku box and impending Xbox 360 service. On the Roku forums, RokuTim (suspected to be Tim Twerdahl, VP of Consumer Products for Roku) has stated that Roku will be the first service (over Xbox specifically) that will offer Netflix HD. According to the post, Roku owners will enjoy high definition content by year's end, new menu systems, and equal to or greater than the content library that the Xbox will offer.

Discuss "Roku Leaks Netflix HD Service" here. Read the article.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
The article mentioned the LG offering, but not the Sammy 2550. I would be interested to know what bandwith they will require. My 2550 streaming Netflix is pretty marginal PQ......due to the bandwith of my DSL being suspect. ATT is dragging it's feet with Uverse here..........and I live in the County Seat of the 43rd wealthiest county in america. So, just how is netflix going to overcome low bandwith, which seems to always be the elephant in the living room when it comes to streaming...........

annunaki

annunaki

Until they can offer Dolby digital or DTS at a minimum with the movies, I am not jumping in.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So what are they now? Stereo only? The movies I have downloaded from PSN all have 5.1 DD tracks (except some of the anime) and pretty good ones at that.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis