Krix Phoenix Floorstanding Speaker Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
If you've been around as long as I have, it is rare that someone mentions a major speaker manufacturer and you don't recognize their name. I'm embarrassed to admit that this was the case with Krix. Their consumer line of speakers has been slowly crossing national borders and being distributed all over the world. The new Phoenix speakers are an MTM design and retail for $1700 a pair. If you are all about the bass, the unplugged Krix will be for you. While they could shake my room, they did so at the unfortunate expense of overall fidelity and accurate music reproduction.

Discuss "Krix Phoenix Floorstanding Speaker Review" here. Read the article.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Thanks Tom, I have never heard of these either. I guess I won't be auditoning these anytime soon.....:D

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
the "cons" list is a tad long for $1700, but the look great

Epetrone

Epetrone

Audioholic Intern
Sound of Perfection

I have read a few times where people use this CD to test thier setup. Where can I find it. I search on Yahoo does not return any results for a CD.

Thanks in advance.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
Nice review. Man, for 1700 clams you'd want more performance. Are these speakers geared towards rap, hip hop and bass heads in general? I'd also be interested in the BeoLab test disc.........it isn't offered on the B & O website......it'd be nice to see you review the B&O speaks that the audio critic raved about, too..........

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I remember when krix were for kids. Maybe that was trix. :)

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Another 'pro', is that with that large super resonant cabinet, if you lose your bonga drums, you can simply use these as a temporary substitute. :D

That ever-rising treble should compensate nicely for 75+ year old men with severe hearing loss. The Krix seems to have been designed with such people in mind! :)

-Chris

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis