SOTU 2008: Audio Spotlight by Holosonics

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
With Audioholic’s State of the Union show in full effect it's easy to get distracted amid the boomin' demo rooms. Behind each darkened door are high resolution scenes of pulse pounding subwoofer-action. Bond seemed forever locked in a men's-room battle with a turncoat spy while Iron Man could simply not get enough of that aerial battle against two US Jet Fighters. But if you could pull yourself away long enough you might have caught one of the most fascinating uses for modern acoustic technology. It's the AudioSpotlight by Holosonics.

Discuss "SOTU 2008: Audio Spotlight by Holosonics" here. Read the article.

majorloser

majorloser

A couple more pics.

I had a great time playing with these yesterday afternoon. I place it on a stand pointing down the convention floor to the main entrance that went down about 100 feet before it turned. It was funny watching people turn around trying to figure out where the music was coming from. They were using an iPod as the source. It had various sound effect loaded. I turned the birds chirping effect on and people were looking around to find the birds. :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Excellent! Thanks for the article and pictures. I would love to have seen/heard one of those. I've been waiting for years for these to hit the mainstream. I first saw their stuff on the web back in (I'm guessing here) 2001. My reasons were not as jovial as the convention hall prank, though. My neighbor runs his hot tub 12 hours a day (2 hours on, 2 hours off, day and night), and it used to wake me up and keep me awake. So, instead of planning on how to erase his entire genetic line from our world, I turned to a Google search for "audio spotlight". BAM, there it was. I figured that I could team it up with a motion tracking, motorized panel and beam screaming noises (or worse) directly to his head as he walked around his yard.

I've gotten over it, though. Almost. :)

engtaz

engtaz

Full Audioholic
It was a pretty cool device. Very useful for cubicals. :)

engtaz

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
thanks for the pics major...

I have more to post on the show but I also have a plane to catch. I'll be home writing about some things I'm pretty excited about from the show. You've seen EMP and Emotiva write ups, it was really, really an incredible experience to hear from the guy that designed what you're listening to in such as casual atmosphere - minus the big show sales pitches and unnecessary glitz.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Now there is something I could use on the road to totally mess with the rest of the road crew.. I am interested in checking one of these out when they are ready for the public, unless you can get one now of course.....:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis