Emotiva CD Player, Tower Speakers on Display

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
When Emotiva goes to a show like the Audioholics State of the CE Union event, they don't pull punches. While other manufacturers might show off a new product or maybe two, Emotiva's room was FULL of product that has until now only been rumors and supposition. Excited by the idea of more amps? They had them. New processors? Check. How about bookshelf speakers, tower speakers, and a CD player? Got your attention? They sure got ours.

Discuss "Emotiva CD Player, Tower Speakers on Display" here. Read the article.

Unreal1997

Audiophyte
Nice article. I really like Emotiva's business plan. Good customer service, items that are not overpriced, why can't more companies be like this?

P.S. Some hi-res pics of the exhibits would be AWESOME!!

majorloser

majorloser

Here's a few of my pics from Wednesday setup:

The new UMC-1

The ERS-112 single 12" subwoofer

Lonnie from Emotiva showing the adjustable outrigger feet on the ERS-112

majorloser

majorloser

The two channel system that included the new ERC-1 Reference CD player and two (2) of the new XMP-1 monoblock 500W at 8 ohm amplifiers.

The inside view of the ERC-1 CD player

The absolute first thing they setup was the two-channel rig with the towers and monoblock amps. General Manager Lonnie Vaughn from Emotiva said he can't work without some serious tunes jammin' :cool:

Last edited:
F

FirstReflection

AV Rant Co-Host
That UMC-1 pre/pro is calling my name, I swear!

I really hope Audioholics gets a review unit ASAP, but I might just pre-order the darn thing, since it seems as though it's exactly what I'm looking for in a pre/pro!

Emotiva's latest webcast included the info that the UMC-1 will actually now have Dolby Volume included - which to me, is awesome news!

The ONLY thing holding me back is the lack of details on the even higher end XMC-1 pre/pro that is still in the design phase as far as I know. There are very few details on the XMC-1, so it's mostly a question of whether it will offer anything over the UMC-1 that I really need :p

majorloser

majorloser

The new Emotiva ERM-6.3's were used for all three of the front stage speakers

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
1) Anyone know what type of DAC converters will be in the UMC-1?

2) Will the UMC be able to derive a back channel surround from TrueHD and DTSMA 5.1 sources?

3) Whats the deal with the Faroudja Torino Cortez chip? Is is as good as/better than then Reon, ABT, VXP?

Thanks

N

nhpm510

Audioholic
Bump..and thanks

Thks for providing the coverage of this event.

Anyone care to comment on the sub's performance?

What size room was the sound playing in?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis