Sony Shows New 0.3mm OLED at CEATEC

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Sony debuted yet another amazing OLED TV at this year's CEATEC in Japan - an OLED display that measures just 0.3 mm in thickness. It demoed these alongside other 0.9 mm models which are more likely to make it to market before the 2012 Olympics. The new displays really set many people talking about how cool the new technology looked. The 0.3 mm display had a gently curved screen and was situated behind glass, with the electronics components feeding the display from below. Apart from that, the self-emitting display was about as thin as a credit card.

Discuss "Sony Shows New 0.3mm OLED at CEATEC" here. Read the article.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
OLED technology blows my mind.

It's like... living light... woa.

between organic compounds being used for LED and (according to physicist Mucio Kaku) the future potential for DNA to be used for processor designs (giant parellel processing power) it's almost ironic that the lastest technology should use some of the basic stuff given us since the beggining of history.

It's only a matter of time before PETA starts protesting.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Right now it's another vain product. LCDs are getting much better, and cheaper. I don't seem anything truly revolutionary about OLED.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Stone him! lol
What's the difference Clint? If I had said it was awesome you would have stoned me anyway.;):D

What are your thoughts on Samsungs LED backlit 850 series? Have you seen them in action? My initial impression was that I was looking at a very nice plasma when I saw it, turns out it was just an LCD. The dark levels this thing was capable of producing was quite astounding.:)

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
What's the difference Clint? If I had said it was awesome you would have stoned me anyway.;):D

What are your thoughts on Samsungs LED backlit 850 series? Have you seen them in action? My initial impression was that I was looking at a very nice plasma when I saw it, turns out it was just an LCD. The dark levels this thing was capable of producing was quite astounding.:)
The samsung 850 series rock the ****. If I was looking for LCD and had the money it would definitely be on my short list right next to the Sony XBR8. Very short list indeed.

What are your thoughts on Samsungs LED backlit 850 series? Have you seen them in action? My initial impression was that I was looking at a very nice plasma when I saw it, turns out it was just an LCD. The dark levels this thing was capable of producing was quite astounding.
I've seen them and made the following statement:

LED backlit LCD = plasma

...in terms of black level quality that is.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
What's the biggest the Samsung 850's go? 52 inch?

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
I saw one of these OLED's at Magnolia tonight...it was pretty damn cool for a 11" tv. Picture and colors looked outstanding, movement stayed very sharp on the screen, not sure if that's a benefit of it or of it just being small. But it was very cool, especially when you see how thin it is and the picture it can produce. We'll be there Saturday again, I told me wife about it and am going to make a point to show it to her, she'll probably just roll her eyes, but dammit, it's cool (technology)!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis