Netflix Grabs Starz

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Netflix, once known only for its mail DVD rental service, has been expanding. First they introduced streaming of some 12,000 titles on their website. Next, they paired with Roku (and others) to bring that streaming service into your living room. The big complaint was always that the titles were older and no knew releases were included. That's about to change. According to Broadcasting and Cable, Netflix will announce today a partnership with Starz Entertainment where Netflix will stream the "Starz Play" movies and original programing - roughly 2,500 movies, TV shows and concerts.

Discuss "Netflix Grabs Starz" here. Read the article.

jinjuku

jinjuku

This is why I have been a faithful NETFLIX customer for 3-4 years now. They simply keep improving the service and the pricing is great.

I have directly turned on at least 10 friends to NETFLIX.

Now to watch episode 3 of Heroes season 3:)

E

EFFEFF

Audiophyte
Extra $1.00 gets you one DVD AT A TIME..not one movie a month

The upshot for customers? No additional fees to access this content. In fact, if you don't want to have a Netflix account but would like the Starz Play, you can subscribe to that alone for $7.99 a month. Not that you'd want to since for an extra buck you can get one movie a month plus all the additional streaming content that Netflix has available.

FYI: Extra $1.00 gets you one DVD AT A TIME..not one movie a month. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Doh! Good catch. Brain fart on my part. Corrected.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
I was excited about the LG blu ray player that also would stream video to my home theatre rig.......but it was pointed out that the quality of the movies was directly linked to the bandwith of my dsl, which is pretty crappy at times......are there any standards or minimums in bandwith for me to know what the movies would look like on my 720P tellie?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis