Auralex Acoustics Introduces Custom-Printed Acoustic Panels

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Auralex Acoustics is breaking new ground by launching a gallery of custom-printed acoustical panels. Auralex Acoustics is exclusively the first to market SonicPrint, its custom-printed, artistic ProPanels featuring “The Art of Sound” theme which blends unlimited design and style options for any room with the company’s acoustically proven technology of its ProPanel product line.

Discuss "Auralex Acoustics Introduces Custom-Printed Acoustic Panels " here. Read the article.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
what is the suggested retail price?
That is the question I have. I went to the site and you have to fill out a form and send it in to them and they contact you. The minimum budget amount on the form was I think 350-500.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
I'm interested as well. I saw on their website you can submit the artwork you want. Screenprinting normally is fairly expensive to setup, but maybe they have a process where it wouldn't be too expensive to do small runs and one offs. It's one of those things that could turn out really good or really bad, depending on how to approach it.

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
The samples they were showing at CEDIA were amazing quality. It is some kind of special printing process that does not hamper the transparency of the fabric, so that it retains the proper acoustic qualities. But the prints were amazing. They had one panel that was made from a black and white photograph of a staff member and his wife on their wedding day, and it was stunning. Very cool.

Savant

Savant

Audioholics Resident Acoustics Expert
Having worked there, I can tell you that Auralex did - and probably still does - all their Art in-house: graphics & typesetting for ads, flyers and catalogs; trade show displays & banners; POP stuff; etc. Hardly anything, save for mass printing (e.g., thousands of catalogs), was farmed out when I was there. If that's still the case, I'm guessing that they can probably offer relatively competitive pricing on something like this due to having the small-run capabilities in-house.

;)

majorloser

majorloser

As long as they offer a complete line of "Velvet Elvis" paintings :p

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Having worked there, I can tell you that Auralex did - and probably still does - all their Art in-house: graphics & typesetting for ads, flyers and catalogs; trade show displays & banners; POP stuff; etc. Hardly anything, save for mass printing (e.g., thousands of catalogs), was farmed out when I was there. If that's still the case, I'm guessing that they can probably offer relatively competitive pricing on something like this due to having the small-run capabilities in-house.

;)

Thank you, I got some Sonosuede panels from them a while back, which were by no means cheap, which leads me to ask.... define "competitive pricing" as it looks like they are the first to offer such a option... please correct me if I'm wrong...

Savant

Savant

Audioholics Resident Acoustics Expert
Thank you, I got some Sonosuede panels from them a while back, which were by no means cheap, which leads me to ask.... define "competitive pricing" as it looks like they are the first to offer such a option... please correct me if I'm wrong...
Don't take my word for it. :) By all means, price-shop:

http://www.echobusters.com/acoustic_art.html (NY)
http://www.audimutesoundproofing.com/printed-acoustic-panels-sound-panels-acoustic-treatment.aspx (OH)

http://www.advancedacoustics-uk.com/highendaudio/Photophonic_Panel.html (UK)
http://www.acousticartpanels.com/ (UK)

Let us know what you find out!!!

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
This is really nice. My biggest obstacle to acoustic treatment on the room was WAF. Now it's just money.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Ahhhh thank you so much for posting other places that have those available, one can never have too many choices... I very much appreciate the links...

G

geek

Audiophyte
Auralex Acoustics is breaking new ground by launching a gallery of custom-printed acoustical panels. Auralex Acoustics is exclusively the first to market SonicPrint, its custom-printed, artistic ProPanels featuring “The Art of Sound” theme which blends unlimited design and style options for any room with the company’s acoustically proven technology of its ProPanel product line.
It's funny they should say that because i know of other companies that started making screen printed panels a long time ago say 3 years ago!! Check out the Advanced Acoustics site that has been listed already, on their latest news page it states:

"20-04-07 ADVANCED ACOUSTICS LAUNCHES NEW PHOTOPHONIC PANEL"

Are they allowed to write that when it is obviously untrue??

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
It's funny they should say that because i know of other companies that started making screen printed panels a long time ago say 3 years ago!! Check out the Advanced Acoustics site that has been listed already, on their latest news page it states:

"20-04-07 ADVANCED ACOUSTICS LAUNCHES NEW PHOTOPHONIC PANEL"

Are they allowed to write that when it is obviously untrue??
Its obviously just marketing spin..... Everyone says their priduct is the best of the best all the time, but its up to you to find out the real truth...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I am getting some.:D
Its obviously just marketing spin..... Everyone says their priduct is the best of the best all the time, but its up to you to find out the real truth...

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I'm going to be getting some as well... not sure from which company, but they have some great art work in there....

I should call them to find out what the criteria would be for using my own photo's. Let me tell ya, I got some photos for that.... :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I am getting some.:D
I'm going to be getting some as well not sure from which company, but they have some great art work in there....

I should call them to find out what the criteria would be for using my own photo's. Let me tell ya, I got some photos for that.... :)
I'm in. Maybe we can do a bulk order using Warps photos:D

poutanen

poutanen

Full Audioholic
I'm curious to see how much they cost vs. plain panels. Anyone who didn't know better would think you were very cultured and artsy if you had these in your house!!!

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Just got off the Phone with Aurelex, nice guy there....

Sonic Print Pricing.... for each
24 x 24 $179.00
24 x 36 (somewhere in the middle)
24 x 48 $249.00

Photo Requirements if not picking stock images.....

150 DPI scaled to the size you are looking at... ie.. 24x48

Format can be anything you like.... tif, jpeg, bmp anything, etc. etc.

poutanen

poutanen

Full Audioholic
Sonic Print Pricing.... for each
24 x 24 $179.00
24 x 36 (somewhere in the middle)
24 x 48 $249.00
Thanks. Did he say anything about extra cost for using your own picture? I think pictures from my Canon Digital Rebel would blow up fine to 24x36", although that'd be pushing it for some details, silhouettes would be fine though.

Am I safe to assume these things would last quite a while? I realize $1000 isn't the end of the world, but if I get 3-4 of these, plus one of the end tables, and some corner pieces, I'd like to know that they'd last for 20 years without drying out and turning to ****! :D

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks. Did he say anything about extra cost for using your own picture? I think pictures from my Canon Digital Rebel would blow up fine to 24x36", although that'd be pushing it for some details, silhouettes would be fine though.

Am I safe to assume these things would last quite a while? I realize $1000 isn't the end of the world, but if I get 3-4 of these, plus one of the end tables, and some corner pieces, I'd like to know that they'd last for 20 years without drying out and turning to ****! :D
I do believe he did say there might be an extra cost for using your own prints, and I would imagine they would last for a long time, now if you had them directly in the sun they could possibly fade, but I'm sure you already thought of that...

All in all, i thought that the prices weren't that bad, and they have some nice artwork. It would be nice if they offered more musical instruments then just the Violins...

You could also call them...

Aurelex Acoustics 1-317-842-2600

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis