Phantoms of CEDIA 2008

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
One thing you run across when you go to a show like CEDIA is gear you can neither explain nor properly cover. A lot of times it is just stuff that is there from a manufacturing partner, or perhaps it is so new that no one knows anything about it. Occasionally there is the odd prototype or something just too new for the marketing people to have time to put together any material. It might be there for pictures and that's about it. Sometimes products are just vaporware, there to draw you in but not in any shape to actually work. These phantom products do deserve a little coverage though, so here it is.

Discuss "Phantoms of CEDIA 2008" here. Read the article.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Tom, thanks.

You mentioned the SVS water heater that they had there and that it looked shorter than you had imagined. That sure looks like a 25-31 PC-Plus, which has the shortest body style. The other models (20-39, 16-46, Ultra) are all taller. The second number is pretty much (but not exactly) the height in inches. So, the 20-39 would be almost as tall as the tower speakers, and the 16-46 and Ultra would be taller than the towers. They all have the same diameter.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, that's a 25-31PC+ I'm kinda surprised they didn't have an ultra on display, but that's probably due to it's size and weight. I'm sure nobody wanted to try and move one around if they don't have to.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I suppose if they wanted to showcase the speakers, then they might want to use one of the smaller subs (so it didn't tower over them).

The speakers that I wish were there were the LTS line. I'm looking forward to seeing what those are all about.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
In regards to the Solara amp....60 wpc is pretty outstanding. Who gave you that info? Did the one guy who knows about this product come back? Just wondering since you stated that the person wasn't present.

Thanks.

A

Austin M

Enthusiast
MTS Speakers

I really hope you guys have the chance to review these speakers sometime in the near future. I really enjoy my SBS speakers and I would love to read about your results with the nicer models. I hope to replace my current setup with the MTS speakers, but they are about 300% more expensive.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
I really hope you guys have the chance to review these speakers sometime in the near future. I really enjoy my SBS speakers and I would love to read about your results with the nicer models. I hope to replace my current setup with the MTS speakers, but they are about 300% more expensive.
There is a few members of the community here who have already had a chance to hear these speakers and they had good things to say about them. I believe it was Mazersteven and Majorloser. They may be able to provide some insight for you. Not sure if Audioholics is planning a review so that might be your best bet. The SVS forums has a lot of talk and reviews on there about these speakers as well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis