Pioneer VSX-818V 5.1 Channel A/V Receiver Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Can a receiver with a $249 price tag deliver the sound quality worthy of a true Audioholic? We took the new Pioneer VSX-818V A/V receiver for a spin to find out. With an onscreen display, straight to digital iPod connectivity, and Pioneer’s MCACC speaker calibration system and a solid amp section, the VSX-818V has certainly given it a good shot. Read the full review to find out more.

Discuss "Pioneer VSX-818V 5.1 Channel A/V Receiver Review" here. Read the article.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
According to your chart the receiver has 5.1 preouts but I don't see them in the picture of the rear.

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
on thing, if no video scaling is expected at this price, why is it listd as a "con"?

J

jamie2112

Banned
on thing, if no video scaling is expected at this price, why is it listd as a "con"?
Its just a review. And its a holiday why are you worried about something so trivial? Go fire up the grill for god's sakes.........:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Its just a review. And its a holiday why are you worried about something so trivial? Go fire up the grill for god's sakes.........:D
It's a legitimate question, my friend. I would guess that gliz isn't worried about it, just asking. ;)

As for the grill...excellent suggestion!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Good point and I will remove it. I think the only real strike at this price is the usage of opamps for the center and rear speakers. Personally, I'd rather them ditch the HDMI and upgrade the amps for those channels. You can buy a 4 x 1 HDMI switcher for like $99 or less now.

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
I was smokeing a pork sholder for about 18hrs, had a little time to kill :D
BTW it was awsome pulled pork!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis