Customer Service Excellence – A Continuing Hallmark for Axiom Audio

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Back in 2005, I reviewed the Axiom EP500 subwoofer and found it to be such a good performer that we awarded it product of the year. Recently I had an issue with my sub and had to call upon the fine folks at Axiom Audio for some customer support. As someone in the industry dealing with products on a daily basis, it’s rare to still get surprised by a manufacturer that goes that extra mile to ensure your products are properly supported. Axiom has once again reminded me of their customer service excellence and why they remain one of the top online loudspeaker companies in this business. Bravo!

Discuss "Customer Service Excellence – A Continuing Hallmark for Axiom Audio" here. Read the article.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I have dealt with a few internet direct companies that have a reputation for fantastic customer service. None of them have been a dissapointment in this area but from my experience Axiom audio sets the bar. They make the entire pre-order (questions I have), ordering process, delivery of goods and any other questions or problems as painless as possible. It has been a joy dealing with them so far:).

the grunt

the grunt

Audioholic
I just place my second Axiom factory outlet order three weeks ago. The estimated shipping delay was 5 weeks. 12 days later I got the email saying that the order shipped, and 4 days after that the speakers were sitting at my door. From Ontario to Arizona in 4 days.

The highlight of my first order was Axiom talking me out of getting the EP600 subwoofer and only getting 5.1 rather than 7.1. You have to respect a company that suggests you should buy less.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The highlight of my first order was Axiom talking me out of getting the EP600 subwoofer and only getting 5.1 rather than 7.1. You have to respect a company that suggests you should buy less.
Great point, I wish there were more companies like this. Excellent R & D, industry leading customer service and they do not play the snake oil card into any of their products or advertising. I really enjoy the newsletter I receive from them every month in my email, Alan Lofft touches on a lot of great subjects, very informative.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
Geez, I wanna get in on all the lovin', but everything was in perfect condition when it arrived and is wokring just fine.

I have seen the same comments over and over on the Axiom forums. They deal with any issues or suspected issues very quickly.

J

jhanley

Junior Audioholic
I also replaced my EP500 amp and was impressed by the
way it was packed. It took me longer to unpack the amp
than it did to replace it.
Great speakers, great service.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Hey Fredk, I noticed in your sig you are using Dual M2's for your centre. Why did you choose that over the VP150 for your system?

F

fredk

Audioholic General
No WAF?? ;)

I did a bunch of reading on centers. It seems that traditional centers are a compromise in design so that the center will fit in to the HT without sticking out like a sore thumb.

The thing that takes the biggest hit is off axis response (due to comb filtering I think).

Since I didn't need a skinny center that fits onto a shelf below the TV I decided to explore alternatives. Others who had gone this route were very happy with the results and I must agree.

At any given position at couch level, from one side wall to the other, I get completely consistant volume and soundstaging. There isn't a bad seat in the house.

Cost wise it was a wash and, of course, no WAF.

Now, if I ever want to go for max. manpoints, I'll go to a matching M80 on top of the display. :eek:

the grunt

the grunt

Audioholic
Hi Fred and MinusTheBear, I sent both of you a PM to follow up on Fred’s response to your center channel question. I didn’t post it here to try and avoid hijacking this thread.

Cheers,
Dean

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I just learned about Axioms trade up program, this is an awesome program...great idea! (not sure if it is new or not?)

Have you ever considered upgrading but did not want to go through the hassle of selling the Axioms you have?

THIS PROGRAM IS FOR YOU!!

Due to numerous requests for such a hassle free service, Axiom is launching a new pilot program. The Axiom Trade-Up program is being launched for a limited number of transactions. Why are we launching this only on the message boards? Because it gives loyal Axiomites the opportunity to see how the Trade-Up program works and give us feedback on the process. But most of all, it gives all of you Axiom Board members the opportunity to have a little fun and discover how much your “upgraditis” will cost you in actual dollars.

What will Axiom be doing with all of the Trade-Up items? Our intention is to launch an Axiom Refurb store which will offer these refurbished speakers at reasonable prices with a full warranty.

Here is how it works. Click the Trade-Up link at the bottom of this post. This will take you to our new Trade-Up screen. If you want the program rules and regulations, click the learn more about the Trade-Up Program link on the Trade-Up page.

STEP 1 – List your trade-in items
From the Select Product to be Traded In drop-down menu, pick the Axiom products you would like to trade in. Although Axiom will want to have serial numbers for actual transactions, for the purpose of having fun you can leave the serial number blank. Be sure, however, to estimate the approximate age of your product from the Select Product Age drop-down menu.

Add each of the products you wish to trade up to your trade-up list. Notice that the trade-up list total includes a field that is called Purchase Required to Achieve Full Trade-Up Value. This is the total amount you would have to spend on new product(s) to take full advantage of the trade-in value of your existing Axiom products. Also, keep an eye on the Actual Value per Shopping Cart Below. If you have not met the Purchase Required to Achieve Full Trade-Up Value, the actual value of your trade up may be less than the Full Trade-Up Value. You may want to remove any Trade-Up items that are not giving you the full trade-up value and save them for a later Trade-Up transaction.

STEP 2 – Go shopping
When you have completed your Trade-Up List, click the Keep Shopping button just above your shopping cart and go shopping. Any items that were already in you cart will still be there. These can be removed by clicking the Remove button. You will notice that while you are shopping on the Axiom website the small Trade-Up link will be in the header of each page. You can click on this at any time to go back to the Trade-Up Program page.

Keep in mind that Factory Outlet, Sherwood Newcastle Electronics and Fun Store items are not eligible for trade-up discounts.

When you have completed your shopping, you can go back to the Trade-Up program page from the link in the header or the link in your cart at check out. Your Shopping Cart order will show the Trade-Up discount.

STEP 3 – Check out
Go to the check out and process your order as you usually would. Notice that the trade-up value has been subtracted from your order. Please be sure to click the Learn More link to get the Trade-Up return address.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
They've had that program for a while now. Its a good way to manage the trade of used equipment and maximize your sales to those with the condition known as upgradeitis. ;)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
They've had that program for a while now. Its a good way to manage the trade of used equipment and maximize your sales to those with the condition known as upgradeitis. ;)
I just might have to do this sometime and give the M80's a try;). I am very happy with my M3's right now but when there is some extra spending money available I would love to upgrade my equipment and give the M80's an audition:).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis