AV Rant #82 - Monster Madness Infinity

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
This week Tom is out of town “getting tan” (we seriously think he checked himself in at a mental institution, but who knows) and Clint DeBoer fills in with Dina. Clint finds that he’s not “bitter enough” to really replace Tom for any length of time. Clint’s Monster Cable long HDMI cable shootout is finally published at Audioholics. The same week, Monster Cable sues a children’s clothing store. Yeah... it's been an interesting seven days.

Discuss "AV Rant #82 - Monster Madness Infinity" here. Read the article.

S

SimpleTechGuru

Audiophyte
May test well but how do they hold up

I have had a lot of experience with real life testing in my home and in homes where I've installed equipment with HDMI. Some inexpensive cables perform well at first but they need to be replaced after a relatively short time. If I were running cables through walls, or have a system that is hard to get to for hooking up (I do), I don't want have to go in there and mess around. I want to get it right the first time.

I've written more in my blog today where I refer to this article as Great info on HDMI. Check it out on my simpletechguru dot com blog.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I have had a lot of experience with real life testing in my home and in homes where I've installed equipment with HDMI. Some inexpensive cables perform well at first but they need to be replaced after a relatively short time. If I were running cables through walls, or have a system that is hard to get to for hooking up (I do), I don't want have to go in there and mess around. I want to get it right the first time.

I've written more in my blog today where I refer to this article as Great info on HDMI. Check it out on my simpletechguru dot com blog.
You should probably state your biases and that you work with Monster Cable to be taken honestly.

Your blog snippet:

"Note: Because of my passion for home theater quality, I have decided to work with Monster Cable on consumer education. We are working together to simplify buying, hooking up and setting up home theaters through a book, Home Theater Made Simple, web education and the monstercommunity forum. Look for my blog and tips at www.monstercommunity.com."

Not trying to be rude, just professional.

-pat

SomeAudioGuy

SomeAudioGuy

Audiophyte
Well because of MY passion for audio, I'm still boycotting Monster Cables because of their litigious nature and treatment of workers over seas.

I'd post a link to my OWN blog spam, but I joined just to comment on this post, and you're not allowed to link until you've got a higher post count.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Well because of MY passion for audio, I'm still boycotting Monster Cables because of their litigious nature and treatment of workers over seas.

I'd post a link to my OWN blog spam, but I joined just to comment on this post, and you're not allowed to link until you've got a higher post count.
Thanks for the clarification but, always a but:D, how can you take a company seriously to educate when their business practices are such and, their historical snake oil claims about cables?
Perhaps, if you are so passionate, hook up with AH to educate.

Also, why would the cable/s you implied have to be replaced?

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for the clarification but, always a but:D, how can you take a company seriously to educate when their business practices are such and, their historical snake oil claims about cables?
Perhaps, if you are so passionate, hook up with AH to educate.

Also, why would the cable/s you implied have to be replaced?
mtrycrafts, I think you're getting the OP and the poster above your's confused. They're different people/names.

-pat

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
mtrycrafts, I think you're getting the OP and the poster above your's confused. They're different people/names.

-pat
Well, it should have been addressed to Simpletechguru, not someaudioguy, sorry about that and thanks:eek:

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja

That's a pretty general statement. Do you have some specifics about which cables don't "last" long and how long the don't "last" and what "last" means in this context?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis