Hancock's Proprietary Download Experiment with Sony Bravia

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We've been sounding the death knell of traditional disc-based media for some time, but Sony Pictures seems to truly be ushering it along - at least in an experimental trial fashion. This week's blockbuster-in-waiting, Hancock, will be hitting the silver screen... soon to be followed by downloads - at least if you own a Web-ready Sony Bravia TV. That's right, after its theater run - but before it gets releases to DVD & Blu-ray, owners of Sony Bravia TVs (with integrated Internet connections) can download the movie over the Internet.

Discuss "Hancock's Proprietary Download Experiment with Sony Bravia" here. Read the article.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Blu Ray vs. HD DVD all over again

Well I guess if it is just that (see the title) then what does Sony have to lose? Didn't they just win the BD vs. HD-DVD war?

Just my 2¢

F

FatStrat85

Junior Audioholic
What about everyone without a Sony TV? They should make it available to a broader audience if they want to make an impact. How about starting with PS3 owners?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hancock hasn't even come out yet and it is already being called a flop. I read a review of someone who saw a sneek preview showing of it last week and they said it was pretty bad.

Last edited:
E

en sabur nur

Audioholic Intern
Which means it will only make 100 million by the end of the week.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis