Olevia 232V LCD TV Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
If you are like me, deciding how to use your limited AV budget is a constant battle. On the one hand you've got your home theater and you want the absolute best gear you can afford in that room. However, if, like me, you also have a wife and kids, having a second television/movie viewing area can be a huge plus. Well, we're in luck. With a street price of around $600, the Olevia 232V entry-level 32" LCD display makes it is possible to get a display that offers pretty impressive performance for very little money.

Discuss "Olevia 232V LCD TV Review" here. Read the article.

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
Great review, Gary. Glad to see you surface again here at Audioholics. Looking forward to more display reviews!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
See, now I think this is the display I have, and we put it in our three year olds playroom. I am really unimpressed with the overall quality of the display compared to the 3 plasmas we have in our home, but it does do what it's supposed to.

Reaction time is really slow on start up and shut down. It doesn't have discreet codes for universal remotes as far as I've seen, and the black levels are really - really poor. With a good HD signal, you aren't doing to poorly, but with almost anything else, especially so-so SDTV it can look downright awful.

I will double check my model as it could be a 242v or something like that, and this model could be an improvement on what I have.

The one nice thing is that we are using a Crestron control system and the LCD, despite its low price, included a serial port and the protocols were straightforward enough that I was able to integrate power, source select, and volume onto a 10" touchpanel that is easy enough for our three year old to use.

maximoiglesias

maximoiglesias

Audioholic
I am buying this TV tomorrow thanks to this review and another on Playback magazine.
Also bought my Pioneer SVX-516V, thanks to Alcoholics review, which I highly recomend to anybody looking for a budget system.

G

gbenfield

Freelance Reviewer
Maximoigleias - Glad you found the review useful. Let us know how you like it once you get it home and installed. As long as you have a progressive scan DVD player I think you'll be pleased what this display gives you for the money.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis