Invisible Monster Cables Still Cost $600

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Monster Digital Express HD System involves two boxes, a transmitter and receiver, which utilize a UWB (ultra-wideband) signal to carry HDMI information and more developed by Sigma Designs. The transmitter has two HDMI and component inputs, a composite/s-video input with audio, and single coax and TOSLink digital audio inputs. The receiver has HDMI and optical outputs. The unit promises that you'll be able to stream 1080p wirelessly with no loss of resolution. From what we've read it seems like only the picture is streamed wirelessly. No word yet on how to handled a high definition picture and audio simultaneously.

Discuss "Invisible Monster Cables Still Cost $600" here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I think I will reserve my comments about Monster products for fear of being banned from the site.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Love the headline, Tom.

Invisible Monster Cable Still cost $600!
:)

amagiri

amagiri

Enthusiast
So this is the challenge for Monster: How do we increase our cable sales?

Answer: Tell everyone it is a wireless solution. Not only do you sell them the box, but you also force people to buy another cable for the connection.

Whereas, before you simply connected the reciever to the video monitor/projector with a single cable. You now get to connect the receiver to wireless box A with a cable, and then purchase a second cable to connect the video monitor/projector to wireless box B. Shear marketing genius!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis