Online Game Coming to Sci-Fi Channel?

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
World of Warcarft players have finally be vindicated - The Sci-Fi Channel is planing on marrying a TV show and a Massively Multiplayer Online Game (MMOG) scheduled to be released in 2010. The idea is that the game and the show will somehow feed off each other. Sci Fi is pairing with Trion World Entertainment in this endeavor . While "geeks" and "gamers" can be some of the most hardcore and devout of fans, they can also be the most vocal of critics. Sci Fi and Trion may think they they are tapping into a "ready made" audience but that may not be the case.

Discuss "Online Game Coming to Sci-Fi Channel?" here. Read the article.

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
That's a nice combo Photo you whipped up, Tom! I'd watch that show too!! Actually, I do watch Battlestar Galactica already. And not for just for Six, either. I never watched Farscape, but Cauldia Black was in Stargate the last few seasons it was on. You sure hit the head on the nail when you mentioned Cult Following for those SciFi series! Yeah, I'd like to watch Farscape sometime, I guess.

Anyway, if I was playing an Online game that was a TV show, I am pretty sure I'd rise to the ranks of master Villian that they would kill off at the end of some season. I'd acquire my army of mindless minions to attack the innocent and then by some miracle the petty humans would get lucky and defeat me. Oh wait, I think I just quoted the plot of 80% of the SciFi movies out there....

Well, no one said I was original, just an Evil Overlord.... :eek:

W

wesiler

Audiophyte
I wondered when this would start getting promo time...

The game in question is most likely Stargate Worlds....

C

ChunkyDark

Full Audioholic
It would be cool that if your character was the first to do xyz that then in a later episode you see an actor portraying your toon doing the same thing.

Wow, can you imagine the grief’ing and drama that will be tied to this?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis