EMP/RBH EF30/TK Series Speaker Upgrade

A

AH Store Admin1

Banned
We are sold out of EMP EF30 Center Channel Speakers, and are backordered for a couple months.

Anyone ordering the EMP EF30T 5.1 system on promotion for $899 including shipping will have the following three free upgrade options:

1. Full RBH Sound TK 5.1 System in rosewood finish
2. RBH Sound TK-5CT Tower Speakers and matching TK-515C Center Channel in black, EMP EF30 Bookshelf Speakers (identical to TK-5C except cosmetics)
3. Free upgrade to EMP EF50T 5.1 system

This promotion should be gone before the end of the month, and is only valid while supplies last - so order yours today before this great deal is gone.

Check out current EMP speakers at bad robot

D

dragon875

Enthusiast
Hello,

I am new here and I just ordered these this morning. That sounds like an sweet upgrade!! When I ordered mine, I did not see an option for the upgrade. Do you guys email me for the upgrade options or do I need to cancel my order and reorder them to get this upgrade? Thanks!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hello,

I am new here and I just ordered these this morning. That sounds like an sweet upgrade!! When I ordered mine, I did not see an option for the upgrade. Do you guys email me for the upgrade options or do I need to cancel my order and reorder them to get this upgrade? Thanks!
Dragon, if you haven't done so already, I recommend that you contact the AH Store directly (and probably soon) about this.

D

dragon875

Enthusiast
Dragon, if you haven't done so already, I recommend that you contact the AH Store directly (and probably soon) about this.
Thanks Adam. I contacted them and I am waiting for their response.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I believe its automatic which is why we made a formal announcement. This deal will expire at the end of May and won't come again.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I believe its automatic which is why we made a formal announcement.
Gene, are you sure about it being automatic? The announcement indicates three different options. Seems like the buyer would get a chance to pick which option they wanted. Just wondering. Thanks.

H

hurtz

Audiophyte
I recommend that you contact the AH Store directly (and probably soon) about this.
Thanks, I just contacted the store for an upgrade option 1, hopefully I got the response soon....
Mmmm....can't wait to get those.:D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Gene, are you sure about it being automatic? The announcement indicates three different options. Seems like the buyer would get a chance to pick which option they wanted. Just wondering. Thanks.
You are correct. Yu should receive an email or call prior to shipping to make your selection.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
Do you really get a full RBH TK 5.1 system upgrade? RBH's website says the subwoofer in the T series was discontinued last month. Do you guys still sell them with it? Is something new going to replace it?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Do you really get a full RBH TK 5.1 system upgrade? RBH's website says the subwoofer in the T series was discontinued last month. Do you guys still sell them with it? Is something new going to replace it?
YES! You still get the EMP sub which is a new design and a significantly better performer than the RBH equivalent in the TK series.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
So we get the RBH T series 5.0 system with the newer EMP E10 subwoofer?

Very cool indeed if I'm understanding this correctly.

A

AH Store Admin1

Banned
So we get the RBH T series 5.0 system with the newer EMP E10 subwoofer?

Very cool indeed if I'm understanding this correctly.
Exactly (as long as you want the TK speakers in rosewood finish). If you want black speakers, you would receive RBH TK-5CT Towers, RBH TK-515C Center Channel, and EMP EF30 rear channels with the EMP E10s sub.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Darn it , you guys make it tough for us guys that have the constant upgrade bug. I would jump on that deal if it wouldn't cause WWIII at my house. That is a heck of an upgrade.....wish I could buy into that deal.....:eek:

ozmedia

ozmedia

Audioholic
YES! You still get the EMP sub which is a new design and a significantly better performer than the RBH equivalent in the TK series.

Hi gene, looking at the graphic, the sub looks like RBH's TS10-AP or an MS10.1 clone, hard to tell from the angle of the pic. If so, then it definitely superceded the TS10 from the TK series, but the TS is the inexpensive sub that RBH makes(made), the MS10.2 from the CT series is a nicer sub with dual 10" drivers.

I was under the impression that the TK series was actually quite different (though appearing similar) than the EMP line though. RBH TK's use a Fibreglass woofer, silk dome tweeter and kraft paper sub
The EMP's use polygraphite woofers, fabric dome tweeters and compressed Cellulose Composite subs. Much like RBH iuses in their builder series in wall's. I am sure you'll agree that these two cone materials sound quite different, as are the crossovers.

EMP's are nice and are a good value for money but to suggest, "(identical to TK-5C except cosmetics)" I think is a bit misleading. You guys have auditioned and reviewed the TK5's and 5CT's, I think you'll agree that there is quite a discernable difference.

PLease correct me if I am wrong and I apologize if I have raised questions for potential customers, in Audioholics defense, the EMP's are a fanatastic product with an excellent price tag, I just think the direct comparisson was a bit off.

Cheers, keep up the killer RBH reviews!

Ever think about reviewing the Signature in-walls? 6000's maybe 6100's?

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Hi gene, looking at the graphic, the sub looks like RBH's TS10-AP or an MS10.1 clone, hard to tell from the angle of the pic. If so, then it definitely superceded the TS10 from the TK series, but the TS is the inexpensive sub that RBH makes(made), the MS10.2 from the CT series is a nicer sub with dual 10" drivers.

I was under the impression that the TK series was actually quite different (though appearing similar) than the EMP line though. RBH TK's use a Fibreglass woofer, silk dome tweeter and kraft paper sub
The EMP's use polygraphite woofers, fabric dome tweeters and compressed Cellulose Composite subs. Much like RBH iuses in their builder series in wall's. I am sure you'll agree that these two cone materials sound quite different, as are the crossovers.

EMP's are nice and are a good value for money but to suggest, "(identical to TK-5C except cosmetics)" I think is a bit misleading. You guys have auditioned and reviewed the TK5's and 5CT's, I think you'll agree that there is quite a discernable difference.

PLease correct me if I am wrong and I apologize if I have raised questions for potential customers, in Audioholics defense, the EMP's are a fanatastic product with an excellent price tag, I just think the direct comparisson was a bit off.

Cheers, keep up the killer RBH reviews!

Ever think about reviewing the Signature in-walls? 6000's maybe 6100's?
the crossover designs between the EMP and RBH tks are identical as far as I know. As for sonic differences, they are most likely splitting hairs at best. We encourage people to get the RBH's if they prefer a nicer looking speaker but of course they will cost significantly more.

The EMP e10S sub is a brand new design and is significantly better than the RBH version which has since than been discontinued.

B

bearearz

Junior Audioholic
Having returned from chemo-therapy I'm a bit confused as to weather the replacement-Sub is in fact improved from the RBH discontinued one? Could you elaborate on it's improvement's? Last,how much more is the comparable RBH Sub? In closing having heard back from you Gene, I would like to know how,(step by step)to order the option:"1. Full RBH Sound TK 5.1 System in rosewood finish". Kindly humor me as these Cancer Med's & Treatment are making a confusing ordering process even more challenging,again I would like to order (1).Full RBH Sound TK 5.1 System in rosewood finish" Thanks for your understand,time and help!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Having returned from chemo-therapy I'm a bit confused as to weather the replacement-Sub is in fact improved from the RBH discontinued one? Could you elaborate on it's improvement's? Last,how much more is the comparable RBH Sub? In closing having heard back from you Gene, I would like to know how,(step by step)to order the option:"1. Full RBH Sound TK 5.1 System in rosewood finish". Kindly humor me as these Cancer Med's & Treatment are making a confusing ordering process even more challenging,again I would like to order (1).Full RBH Sound TK 5.1 System in rosewood finish" Thanks for your understand,time and help!
Unfortunately too many of RBH local dealers were complaining of the upgrade offer we were running so there will no LONGER be FREE upgrades to the TK series of products while the EMP center channels are out of stock.

Apparently we sold too many of the systems on our store and it shifted the competitive nature of their brick and mortar companies. As a result the promotional upgrade is over and anyone purchasing an EMP EF30T 5.1 system will have to wait about 2-3 months for the center channel or instead take an EF50T at no additional cost.

As for the EMP e10s sub, this is a brand new design and a significant upgrade over the RBH version in terms of extension and SPL output. This is quite an amazing little sub as you could see from Tom Andry's review.

majorloser

majorloser

Oh well, I knew it was too good to last. :(

I'm still waiting on somebody to post pictures and a review of their new RBH TK5's

D

dragon875

Enthusiast
Unfortunately too many of RBH local dealers were complaining of the upgrade offer we were running so there will no LONGER be FREE upgrades to the TK series of products while the EMP center channels are out of stock.

Apparently we sold too many of the systems on our store and it shifted the competitive nature of their brick and mortar companies. As a result the promotional upgrade is over and anyone purchasing an EMP EF30T 5.1 system will have to wait about 2-3 months for the center channel or instead take an EF50T at no additional cost.

As for the EMP e10s sub, this is a brand new design and a significant upgrade over the RBH version in terms of extension and SPL output. This is quite an amazing little sub as you could see from Tom Andry's review.
So this does not apply to the people that ordered this set with the upgrade during the weekend, right? I ordered mine on Friday and was told that I would be getting the 1st upgrade option. I do not believe that mine have shipped yet. Does this news affect me?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
So this does not apply to the people that ordered this set with the upgrade during the weekend, right? I ordered mine on Friday and was told that I would be getting the 1st upgrade option. I do not believe that mine have shipped yet. Does this news affect me?
No all existing orders and orders done today will be honored. So if you are thinking about getting a system, you better scoop it now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis