Harman Kardon AVR-347 Receiver First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Harman/Kardon AVR-347 is one of the lower-priced 1080p HDMI receivers available on the market today for those looking to get updated to the newest technologies. The receiver delivers plenty of power along with 1080p compatibility and upconversion over HDMI. The Harman/Kardon AVR-347 appears to be a no-compromise head unit capable of driving a fully-equipped home theater. With a host of features and a unique visual appeal, this receiver will also fit right in among the most elegant of home decors. But don’t let its good looks deceive you, because this receiver is more than capable of driving most speaker systems made to extremely high levels. The AVR-347 has more about it than a pretty face.

Discuss "Harman Kardon AVR-347 Receiver First Look" here. Read the article.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Wow for $449 that is a pretty good deal. HK has always made great receivers and it looks like they have done it again with the new series. touche......

SilverMK3

SilverMK3

Audioholic
Wow for $449 that is a pretty good deal. HK has always made great receivers and it looks like they have done it again with the new series. touche......
Where'd you see $449? The MSRP says $899.99 which is VERY pricey for what you get.

I'm sure the sound on the new HK is excellent, but its pretty feature-starved for a brand new receiver. The Onkyo TX-SR606 has four HDMI 1.3a ports, 1080i upscaling via the Faroudja DCDi Edge chipset, and handles DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD natively. All this for $500.

I know you're paying a premium for the Harmon Kardon name, but imo the AVR-347 is more than a year late and and overpriced by about 30%.

He's looking at the current sale price of that receiver around the net - far below the MSRP.

Also, in all fairness, the receiver isn't a year late, it's been out a while - hence the massive price drops. They are due for a new model.

SilverMK3

SilverMK3

Audioholic
He's looking at the current sale price of that receiver around the net - far below the MSRP.

Also, in all fairness, the receiver isn't a year late, it's been out a while - hence the massive price drops. They are due for a new model.
Ah. my mistake. I read the "First Look" thing and thought it was a new receiver. Still, I hope HK does some catching up soon. I have an old AVR-135 in my computer room and I still don't see the difference between that one and the current 147.

D

Davidt1

Full Audioholic
This receiver has already been discontinued and discounted.

A

autoboy

Audioholic
Yawn...

Why the "pretty cool" rating if the receiver is already obsolete?

I give the review a "pretty late" rating.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Yawn...

Why the "pretty cool" rating if the receiver is already obsolete?

I give the review a "pretty late" rating.
Ditto - same can be said (as I already did) about the late H/K AVR-147 "first look", forum posting here

I actually didnt realize it had been discontinued when I posted the rather late First Look which we had written some time ago. It will probably be read 5 years from now by guys looking to buy the unit used on eBay... lol

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
Those refurb prices are a real bargain. However, I've had 3 of them...replacing 2 in the first 2 years. Also, however, I tried to replace my HK with both Denon and Pioneer receivers and couldn't live without the HK sound for music. Works as a great pre-pro.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis