Axiom Audio Millenia M3 Garage Speakers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Axiom Audio announced a new Millennia "Garage" speaker, which is an on-wall version of their popular M3 v2 speaker. The speaker comes with a diamond-plate styled enclosure and has the same performance and specifications as the traditional M3 v2 speaker. The Millennia "Garage" speaker supports up to 175 watts of maximum power and has a frequency response of 60-22 kHz (+/-3dB) with an in-room sensitivity rating of 92 db SPL @ 1W/1m.

Discuss "Axiom Audio Millenia M3 Garage Speakers" here. Read the article.

S

silversurfer

Senior Audioholic
On-wall version? Does that mean it is not rear ported like the standard M3?

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
I'm not seeing anything that says it isn't rear ported. Seems like it's just a custom finish.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Garage speakers?

Interesting product.
My old bookshelf speakers are more than adequate for the garage and they cost <$100. I am not sure why someone would pay more for a pair "designed for the garage" then they would for the comparable speakers used in their HT.
If I wanted to impress people with the finish, I would get real wood veneer and not vinyl.

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
REAL dimond plate woud have been cool. I am gonna do in-walls in my garage

It is NOT on-wall... There was some misinformation floating around. We corrected the First Look...

As far as we can tell, it's essentially an M3 with a custom finish. You could save some money by picking up a stock M3 and sticking it in your garage.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
When I think of garage speaker, I think of a design impervious to saw dust, paint and stain fumes, and the occassional knock from poorly placed junk.

The only other design that would qualify is a "disposable" speaker. I wired my receiver inside but speakers do not do much good inside.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The garage connotation just exudes high end :D

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
The garage connotation just exudes high end :D
That it does.

Glad the on-wall thing was fixed. The regular M3s can be mounted easily to anything with a 1/4-20 connection.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis