Epson Pro Cinema 1080UB Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
When we got our first glimpse of Epson's Pro Cinema 1080UB at the 9th Annual Audioholics State of the CE Union Event in Clearwater Beach, Florida, we knew we were in for a treat. We had already reviewed the excellent Pro Cinema 1080, and the UB - short for Ultra Black - only took a good projector and made it even better. This review is more of a comparison and evaluation of the new features than a full descriptive overview of everything about the 1080UB. If you want the full blow-by-blow, take a look at our review of the Pro Cinema 1080 and you'll find everything you need to help you evaluate the full complement of this projector's features.

Discuss "Epson Pro Cinema 1080UB" here. Read the review.

M

Marcelle

Audiophyte
Now I am perplexed. I was really interested in this particular beamer, but after reading a review in my local WHAT HI FI magazine I was completely put off. Didn't even bother to go and have a look at it after their slating. I quote: "Epson EMP-TW2000 (that is the name it is marketed under here in South Africa) The easiest projector to live with is the least enjoyable to watch. Isn't that called Sod's Law?" Their AGAINST summary: "Dearth of true black; over-smooth edge definition"

I know reviews are subjective, but these are fundamental differences over fundamental facts. Did they get it wrong or did they receive a dud?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Now I am perplexed. I was really interested in this particular beamer, but after reading a review in my local WHAT HI FI magazine I was completely put off. Didn't even bother to go and have a look at it after their slating. I quote: "Epson EMP-TW2000 (that is the name it is marketed under here in South Africa) The easiest projector to live with is the least enjoyable to watch. Isn't that called Sod's Law?" Their AGAINST summary: "Dearth of true black; over-smooth edge definition"

I know reviews are subjective, but these are fundamental differences over fundamental facts. Did they get it wrong or did they receive a dud?
I have not heard any negative about the Epson 1080UB.

Are you sure it's the same exact model?

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
What's D7 technology?

Is it like DarkChip in DLP?

T

The_Snowman

Audiophyte
Yes, it is

The Epson Pro Cinema 1080UB is marketed as the TW2000 outside of the USA, only 1 model is available, that is, no Home Cinema 1080UB...... I can't post links yet :mad: try projectorsreviews-dot-com

M

Marcelle

Audiophyte

Yes. It definitely is. I've also seen only good reviews for this until I read the What HIFI one. I must be honest. I absolutely love the Infocus IN82. They're priced similarly here is South Africa. Which would you go for if it was your money? (Yes I know you can't compare them directly DLP vs LCD, but still. If you had to choose.)

A

acacia987

Junior Audioholic
i just started my projector hunt, and from what i seen so far this projector cant be touched by others in the <3k$ range

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis