NBC Keynote on iTunes: Unreasonable and Unrealistic

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
I caught wind of a keynote address given by George Kliavkoff on the state of NBC and Apple's iTunes. Back in August of 2007, NBC pulled the plug (decided to not renew) on its contract to distribute television shows via iTunes. At the time disagreements over pricing (NBC apparently wanted to net up to $4.99 per episode instead of the $1.99 Apple wanted to charge) and DRM (NBC wanted MORE restrictions on content than Apple currently provided) seemed to be behind the decision.

Discuss "NBC Keynote on iTunes: Unreasonable and Unrealistic" here. Read the article.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
One of the reasons DVDs will be around: greed. $4.99 for a TV show?? Are these guys high on crack??!! And we thought the HD DVD/Blu-ray debacle was moronic.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I guess it's just math.

1 millions idiots at $4.99 an episode is better than 3 million non-idiots at $1.99. I know, it doesn't add up...

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I guess it's just math.

1 millions idiots at $4.99 an episode is better than 3 million non-idiots at $1.99. I know, it doesn't add up...
What blows my mind is that they're asking that for TV shows:eek: TiVo, anyone???:rolleyes:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis