Sony BMG Sued for Software Piracy

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
So when is copying IP not theft? When it is someone else's IP; at least according to Sony BMG. Like a mugger who wears shoes that light up while running, apparently someone at Sony BMG called up to get tech support for an ill gotten program called Ideal Migration. When the French developer, PointDev, looked into the support case, they discovered that the software activation key used by Sony BMG was pirated. D'oh!

Discuss "Sony BMG Sued for Software Piracy" here. Read the article.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
What's the old saying? "What's good for the goose is good for the gander?"

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sounds like someone forgot to install DRM on Sony's computers.

Jack

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
April 1st???

Fred
Could be. I found several articles online reporting this and citing Wired as their source. I couldn't find anything on Wired about it. May have been a hoax that spread. Can't say, none of the articles I found had any retractions.

Jack

Xander

Xander

Audiophyte
Sony BMG has pirated software

Had a good long chuckle on that one. Gotta love the irony

J

jamie2112

Banned
HAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I just cant stop laughing!!!!!!!!

F

fredk

Audioholic General
Well, PointDev has a link to an article published by EDRI.org (European Digital Rights), so it seems this is strait from the horses mouth.

Interesting that none of the major news networks have picked this up.

Fred

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not actually that surprised by this story... I have commenced a personal Sony boycott for while, originally that's not genuinely my idea, but I first heard this from Rod Elliott, and I thought, What a great idea....
http://sound.westhost.com/

Sony's principles are directly opposite to everything I believe and if there is something that may be called an empire in the electronics business, it must be Sony

When I say empire, it's not in the positive comprehension of the word.....

-Harald :cool:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis