Sony Launches Mobile Movies

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
It looks like movies may be coming to mobile phones as Sony Pictures Television is teaming up with AT&T to bring an actual linear TV channel to the mobile phone market. Dubbed "PIX", the mobile phone channel will host such classic films as Ghostbusters, Philadelphia, and Stand By Me. For a while now, mobile phones have had access to on-demand content and live programming via MediaFLO, or FloTV, however this is one of the first attempts at placing this type of lengthy linear programming into a mobile television channel.

Discuss "Sony Launches Mobile Movies" here. Read the article.

G

gstarr

Enthusiast
I would rather watch paint dry or flies mate than watch a movie on a cell phone.

Greg

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think it will be big. I can see instances where I would use it (no not daily). It won't replace HT in any way shape of form. I could've used it last summer when I was in the back of my buddies car for 4 hours while he played some incredibly painfully repetitive educational program for his 2yr old daughter over and over and over...

...and then it played again.:eek:

Jack

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
I just don't get it. Maybe a music video or viral to show a friend, but I still don't get watching movies on iPods, and certainly not on a tiny crappy cell phone....

I dont see 'anything' mobile taking off until they allow more Wi-Fi and Internet connectivity without charging an arm and a leg. As for ful length movies - I don't think this will fly either - even if they were free.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis