Iron Maiden Tries Free Album Download

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Iron Maiden have prevailed over the world of heavy metal for almost thirty years, and without a doubt, they are also one of the most contemporary and exciting bands of the 21st century. And in their defiant spirit of overturning convention - from flying their own plane around the world on a record-breaking tour to selling over 70 million albums worldwide without mainstream radio or TV support - today Iron Maiden announce a revolutionary new way of delivering music to their fans. This is the first promotion of its kind.

Discuss "Iron Maiden Tries Free Album Download" here. Read the article.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I really used to like Iron Maiden, but haven't heard much of them in recent years. I think it's an interesting idea that they are trying with the album download, definately ballsy. Especially since some kid will likely figure out in no time how to unlock the 3 plays of the album and open it up for unlimitied use. But its a good way to promote the tour, everyone likes free stuff, and most that album can already be found free online.

Jack

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
Run to the Hills!!!!! ......if you have a Zune!

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I really used to like Iron Maiden, but haven't heard much of them in recent years. I think it's an interesting idea that they are trying with the album download, definately ballsy. Especially since some kid will likely figure out in no time how to unlock the 3 plays of the album and open it up for unlimitied use. But its a good way to promote the tour, everyone likes free stuff, and most that album can already be found free online.

Jack
You should check out their last 3 albums. They are phenomenal.

I saw them on the Best of the Beast tour, then again on the Brave New World Tour, then just saw them this past Friday in New Jersey on the Somewhere Back In Time Tour.

They are literally as good as they have ever been right now. The show is incredible, their new music is incredible.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
As much as I enjoy metal, Iron Maiden is one of those bands that, for whatever reason, I just never could get into.

The only way I'd ever pick up anything by them is if it was given to me for free.

Oh. Wait. Nevermind.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
That's a shame.

There aren't many metal bands out there on tour on their own 757 ;)

K

kragnorok

Junior Audioholic
Getting my presale tickets on Thursday for when they come to Calgary.... June 5th! So excited, I'm only 22 but have been a die hard metal, and in the same respect maiden fan since I was probably 7/8. Blood brothers, Aces High, Virus, all wicked songs. Number of the beast, The Trooper... I could go on and on lol. But ya I'm excited as I will ever be probably, honestly never thought I would get to see them here in Calgary, thought I would either have to travel, or end up just not ever seeing them because they would just stop touring. Anyway...

The whole free download thing is a decent idea. I did it with the new NiN, got the free version, didn't mind it but wanted to hear the other 20 some odd tracks and paid for the other 3 "chapters" I guess you could call of it Ghosts. I am glad I paid for it.

Did it with Radioheads new album too, not a shabby idea I guess, gets people to feel like they are choosing what they want to buy or not buy, and how much to spend on music, not like when CD's were 20 dollars no matter what.

D

Diapason

Audioholic Intern
With the caveat that I can be a bit dim when looking for stuff (much to the annoyance of my fiancée who always puts her hands on things I'm looking for straight away) I've looked at ironmaiden.com several times now and I still can't see where I go to download this album. Am I missing something?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis